Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Becoming a good event planner.

It is very important to continue to acquire knowledge about event planning. This will help someone to stay ahead of the industry. When this happens, you are going to attract more clients due to the exceptional service you are rendering for people.

So, what tips can you give me? I think we can become a better event planner by working with those people who are already in this industry. There are a few event planners in my city who work in sophisticated areas in my city. Learning from them could give us some idea about this business.

Advertisement Placeholder
So, what tips can you give me? I think we can become a better event planner by working with those people who are already in this industry. There are a few event planners in my city who work in sophisticated areas in my city. Learning from them could give us some idea about this business.
Learning about a profession does not limited to attending seminar and going back to school alone. You can also learn from those who have been practicing the profession for a long time as they would have require a lot of experience which you can tap form.

Last edited:
I want to become a good event planner I will advise that you should also be visiting events that has been planned by people you look up to. This is going to make you to gain a very much needed experience in doing your work.

I came across a book about event planning it is titled The Best Of events planning and memories. I forgot the name of author of the book but the book simplify some of the major steps you need to take in order to plan events successfully.

Learning about a profession does not limited to attending seminar and going back to school alone. You can also learn from those who have been practicing the profession for a long time as they would have require a lot of experience which you can tap form.

I think it would be wise to join institutes and coaching centers that offer courses that are related to event planning. Most of the events are planned by people in here themselves and they rarely try to avail the services of event planners in my city. So the scope of this field might be limited.

I came across a book about event planning it is titled The Best Of events planning and memories. I forgot the name of author of the book but the book simplify some of the major steps you need to take in order to plan events successfully.
I am surprised that there are books like that but I think a more practical approach is needed in order to understand how to successfully plan and execute an event.

I am surprised that there are books like that but I think a more practical approach is needed in order to understand how to successfully plan and execute an event.
The book is written by someone with a wealth of experience in the field of event planning. He has spent over 30 years organising different events planning as well as the big ones that involves United nation. So you should know that the books will be full of valuable tips.

The book is written by someone with a wealth of experience in the field of event planning. He has spent over 30 years organising different events planning as well as the big ones that involves United nation. So you should know that the books will be full of valuable tips.
I believe having such a book can be quite helpful for prospective event managers and planners. But you also need to consider the differences in the culture and location because events aren't planned the same way across the world.

I believe having such a book can be quite helpful for prospective event managers and planners. But you also need to consider the differences in the culture and location because events aren't planned the same way across the world.
Most of the tips and guide in the book are the basic of events planning according to what I've read in the book. Majority of the tips given in the book can be compared to law of gravity which is applicable in all places on Earth.

Most of the tips and guide in the book are the basic of events planning according to what I've read in the book. Majority of the tips given in the book can be compared to law of gravity which is applicable in all places on Earth.
Okay I understand your points. But to compare, do you think the way a wedding event is planned in the Western world is the same over here in Nigeria? It is surely different because of our traditions and culture.

There are schools and people that regularly organise trainings to become event planners but I feel the major work would be improving oneself - get acquainted with latest trends, go to other events to draw inspiration.

It is also good to attend seminar on event planning as you will have the chance to ask question during the session. You have opportunity to meet expert in the field and work with them.

It's easy to become a good event planner. I believe if u have menu on how you run your personal life, planning ocassions or event will not be a difficult one.

It's easy to become a good event planner. I believe if u have menu on how you run your personal life, planning ocassions or event will not be a difficult one.
I beg to be different, running personal life is quite different from event planner. Events planning involves creating a seamless and organisation of events which involves a lot of people. Event planning require a special knowledge which goes beyond personal life.

With the recent surge in some events like birthday, wedding ceremony, wedding anniversary, and other numerous surprise parties, the demand for a good event planner has risen imminently. But the question is, how do you become a good event planner, and be able to make money to live off of?

Take your love for helping friends and family plan events and become your own boss. Use this handy guide to learn more about pursuing an event planning career.
To become a good event planner, you must have the following attributes such as,
The ability to manage clients goals and expectations.
The ability to Coordinate transportation, housing, and food service, etc .
Ability to Design and monitor event activities to meet clients’ mission and vision.
Manage event budget, review bills, and approve payments

Event planning requires planning well and putting things in place, there will be need for decoration, catering services, and many more I think the best part is when everything falls in place.

One would become good at event planning just as one would become good at every other thing.... Through learning. One can start by working for a good event planner and learn from there.

Event Planning Skills
  1. Organizational Skills.
  2. Communication.
  3. Networking Savvy.
  4. A Basic Understanding of Events.
  5. Client-first Approach.
  6. Problem-solving.
  7. Negotiation and Budgeting.
  8. Multitasking

Event planning is a good way of making money through planning of events , decorating and also catering services under the event planning but you have to learn about it before you can practise it.
I think it would be wise to join institutes and coaching centers that offer courses that are related to event planning. Most of the events are planned by people in here themselves and they rarely try to avail the services of event planners in my city. So the scope of this field might be limite

I have never been into such business. However, I do not think I could be a good event planner. This is because I do not have experience when it comes to event planning. I have never managed any event before.
Sometimes I see event planning business as big business and do mostly by women because it is something that is very commonly done by women in my country and they are doing it very well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds