Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Be real - Salary negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maskyy

Copywriter • Fiverr pro • iBuy PayPal fund.
Credits
To the point.
How do you handle the salary payment of your first and others preceding jobs you got?

Who initiate the talk?

How do you present it?

How do you ask for more salary?

More importantly, how do you calculate it? I want to believe not all job adverts has salary included while some state, 'negotiable'.

Your experience input will be more appreciated.
Remote and freelance job included.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, every worker who is about to be hired, has a trade union right (at least this in Italy), to know immediately what his monthly salary will be.
Although, however, make such speech to the prospective employer, for many it is not recommended!

Here's what I always tell people, know your worth! That's my mantra when it comes to negotiating my salary. First off, I think it's cheeky of prospective employers to ask you what your salary expectations are when they must have a figure in their minds?

So I always start at the top end of the figure I have in my head. That way, you can negotiate your way back down to a figure that may not necessarily be the ideal figure for you but one that means you can both meet somewhere in the middle.

I would love to learn more from the answers to this question. But I feel like it is the employer that dictates the terms of employment which would include salary package and others.

Well, every worker who is about to be hired, has a trade union right (at least this in Italy), to know immediately what his monthly salary will be.
Although, however, make such speech to the prospective employer, for many it is not recommended!
Please explain the bolded further.

To the unbold: do say salaries of some jobs are non negotiable or all jobs. And do the employer send the salary details to the union.
[automerge]1606493227[/automerge]
I would love to learn more from the answers to this question. But I feel like it is the employer that dictates the terms of employment which would include salary package and others.
There are situations like this. I think

Please explain the bolded further.

To the unbold: do say salaries of some jobs are non negotiable or all jobs. And do the employer send the salary details to the union.
[automerge]1606493227[/automerge]

There are situations like this. I think
Sorry for the bold, you see I'm newbie here, I must have done it by mistake.
However your statement is correct. In fact, workers have the right to know the salary for a contractual matter.
Thank you.

Is good to strategically plan for all this things to know what we're worth. I routinely draft my salary scale, knowing how much I worth when I secure a new job, if its negotiable. But if its fixed price, I will work according to the price tag set by the company.

At some point I was working in a private company, when asked what I wanted my salary to be, my answer was a high amount, then we made a negotiation until we were both satisfied, my statement of reason was my experience, knowledge and studies. On the other hand, in public institutions, there is no negotiation, it is a standard salary according to your level within the Ministry

Most firms don't allow salary negotiation, they believe you ought to have known the salary structure of the firm even before you become one of their staffs. I honestly don't see anything wrong in negotiating your salary with your employer. I mean it is one of the rights and privileges of being an employee.

When there is a performance review then that is the opportunity of the employee to have a one-on-one talk with the boss. He can express his desires if he feels he is worth a promotion or a raise. But the company has no policy of performance review then the employee can initiate a performance review by presenting his accomplishments especially for projects that are critical to the welfare of the company.

I'm yet to be employee, but I believe that employee has right to discuss with his/her boss about the increasing of salary if he/she worth of more.

The salary of the first job I got was a fixed one, there is absolutely no way that I could negotiate the salary because that is what every other person in my position in the company is being paid.

It's significant that you have a definite number at the top of the priority list for your wages. Try not to gather together (or down) to the following thousand. For instance, it's smarter to name your wages at $73,650 than an even $75,000. You'll seem as you've accomplished more examination (regardless of whether you haven't) to show up at quite a particular number. You'll eventually be bound to get your ideal wages.

I believe if I want to be hired, I should have right over my wages. No much worries so far the company owner can pay me the standard payment via the job offered to me. And I will also asked for allowances like food and transportation.

I have not been in that shoe
I have only been in the shoe an employer
Candidates want to be clear about how much they’re worth, and how much they can accept that’s fair to you, and more than fair to them. How can you address these requests, while still being true to the constraints on your company financially? “Ask what the candidate is looking for or expecting in terms of comp,” says Molly Howard, Director of Operations at Ovuline as her top salary negotiation tip for employers. “This sounds silly, but ends up avoiding a lot of the uncertainty down the road. And, surprisingly, most people answer.”

Employers can be very funny and tricky especially capitalists. Whenever I am asked about the least salary I would take, I insist and asked for the salary tagged on the role applied for, if they insist as well, I give them a good range to prevent me from loosing the job, but in a case when they finalize on a low payment, I just reject the job. Only considerate employers understand your worth and are always ready to pay good money for it.

First, you have to know how valuable you are or will be to your prospective employer that way you will be able to know the amount you should be paid, also you have do a background check to know the capabilities of the firm, so as to strike a balance.

for me I like it to be negotiated so that I should know if it will be comfortable for me to pay my bills electricity and transportations without negotiation I wouldn't be able to do the work.

Yes, you must negotiate your salary. It's Knowing your worth. Some employers are just waiting for you to talk. If you don't talk, you may never know what changes. Never underestimate the change your negotiation can bring

At the point of being hired by the employer, there would be negotiations as to what do you think we can pay you? This question is a direct question seeking to know how the employee sees himself or value himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds