Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Be real - Salary negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negotiating salary is one very difficult task for an employee in a company or business. This is because the employee most times is needing a job and then don't want to spoil his chances. Another thing could be them trying not to seem too selfish for a job in the company.

Advertisement Placeholder
As a job seeker, you should counter your employer's initial offer by 10 or 20%. You will likely end up below your offer but above the initial offer.
Never be afraid to have the negotiation talk, salary negotiation is a normal part of business for employers. And even though, your employer may stand firm on his offer, if is unlikely to lose a job offer just because of negotiating.

To the point.
How do you handle the salary payment of your first and others preceding jobs you got?

Who initiate the talk?

How do you present it?

How do you ask for more salary?

More importantly, how do you calculate it? I want to believe not all job adverts has salary included while some state, 'negotiable'.

Your experience input will be more appreciated.
Remote and freelance job included.
if I am to be employed by someone I think it's best I know how much I'm to expect at the end of the month, I can not just work and expect to be paid anything.
what ifthe pay is low but I had put in my best while working?
I think it is best to negotiate payment before commerncing any work be it daily or monthly pay.

As HR professional, salary negotiation should be put across by the employer. There are many ways to answer the question during interview such that you won't potrary that you are after money. Every organisation is target on each assignment.

Most people don't negotiate salary when interviewing for offline jobs. But if it is an online remote freelance job, it is necessary that you discuss the salary before taking up the job.
For offline jobs, after your first salary, if you are not satisfied with the salary you should politely approach your employer and negotiate a salary increase.

To the point.
How do you handle the salary payment of your first and others preceding jobs you got?

Who initiate the talk?

How do you present it?

How do you ask for more salary?

More importantly, how do you calculate it? I want to believe not all job adverts has salary included while some state, 'negotiable'.

Your experience input will be more appreciated.
Remote and freelance job included

In my country where I come from if you are giving the condition or opportunity to negotiate your salary it means the company is a very good company because no company or most companies in my country don't give opportunities to negotiate they are wages and salaries that they pay employees.

One thing is sure, when negotiating salary one should consider one should factor your qualifications academically and work experience by so do you are making sure you have a better negotiation.

Know your worth! Know when you are underpaid for the value you are bringing to the table. When it comes to negotiating for salary in a new job, always start at the top end of the figure I have in my head. That way, you can negotiate your way back down to a figure that may not necessarily be the ideal figure for you but one that means you can both meet somewhere in the middle.

When I got my first job, I was not in a position to negotiate about salary. I did have the necessary skills and knowledge, however, I did not have experience. Therefore, I accepted what ever was offered to me. However, when I left that job and joined another company, I negotiated about the salary. I had everything, skills, knowledge, experience.
[automerge]1611881416[/automerge]
When I got my first job, I was not in a position to negotiate about salary. I did have the necessary skills and knowledge, however, I did not have experience. Therefore, I accepted what ever was offered to me. However, when I left that job and joined another company, I negotiated about the salary. I had everything, skills, knowledge, experience.

When it comes to negotiating salary, employers always make it difficult for the potential employee. They ask about how much the worker wants to b paid when they already have a figure in mind to pay.
When negotiating salary, do not go below your worth, at first tell the employer to follow the renumeration pattern that has being in place for your post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds