Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

At what age should an entrepreneur retire?

There is no fixed retirement age for an entrepreneur. As far as he is capable of carrying on his duties.

Advertisement Placeholder
An entrepreneur has no fix age to retire. As long as the business idea is still fresh in your memory you can stay on that business for a long time.

No one may advised on this, there will be a time in which the energy to run a business organisation will no longer be available, at this stage I do not have any other option than to give up.. if you do not have to wait before then I believe 70 should be ok.

The ideal time for a business visionary to resign is presumably when he feels not exactly solid to do the business any longer, it can go from 50-80years. Since it's a private concern, the enterprenuers can choose at whatever point he decides to resign. And again retiring doesn't mean he can't be working away from home too..
In my own opinion, the actual age for an entrepreneur go retire judging by his ir her age and mental alertness is between the age of types to eighty years of age depending on how strong .

No one may advised on this, there will be a time in which the energy to run a business organisation will no longer be available, at this stage I do not have any other option than to give up.. if you do not have to wait before then I believe 70 should be ok.
That is right. It is best to just retire if you don't have enough energy to do the work needed. Otherwise, if you are still energetic and able to work, you can go on until you are aged.

The major focus of everyone is between 60 years in 65 years for retirement. just of recent I discovered that an entrepreneur retire at age of 40 when he has attained financial freedom with his business and investments.

Most of the popular business owners I know have not retired and they continue working until they get sick or they weaken due to age. One business owner who did not retire but who got sick when he was 80 said that working makes him strong and he enjoys working. If working is your passion then I don't think there is an age limit for a business owner.

That is right. It is best to just retire if you don't have enough energy to do the work needed. Otherwise, if you are still energetic and able to work, you can go on until you are aged.
Even when the energy is still there are some age that you won't be be able to manage your business as a used to do because the energy to manage a business and carry out all its activities won't be available , you may only have energy to walk around but to properly manage a business won't be there.

Even when the energy is still there are some age that you won't be be able to manage your business as a used to do because the energy to manage a business and carry out all its activities won't be available , you may only have energy to walk around but to properly manage a business won't be there.
Business man and woman that i have came across works until they are tired of working due to old age or they rather pass down the business to their children who's capable of running the business.

Well I'll say am entrepreneur can retire once he finds a worth successor that'll take charge of his business the same way he would have; that's what I'll do at least anyways.
Then I know the business is in good hands and I can take a break or focus on something else.

Business man and woman that i have came across works until they are tired of working due to old age or they rather pass down the business to their children who's capable of running the business.
If they decided to work until they are tired then obviously they won't be able to manage the business very well because the strength to manage the business won't be available, for me there is a certain age I will just passed my business to any of my family member who is interested to manage it.

If they decided to work until they are tired then obviously they won't be able to manage the business very well because the strength to manage the business won't be available, for me there is a certain age I will just passed my business to any of my family member who is interested to manage it.
I understand you quite well but you fail to understand my own point of view, if an entrepreneur retires and started spending what he has and doesn't work , he will probably exhaust the money, It's better if he can get a loyal family member or son to pass the business across to , but most people out there are not trust worthy , so if he pass the business to anybody, they must be giving him update on the business from time to time, and that means the entrepreneur is practically still in the business.

I understand you quite well but you fail to understand my own point of view, if an entrepreneur retires and started spending what he has and doesn't work , he will probably exhaust the money, It's better if he can get a loyal family member or son to pass the business across to , but most people out there are not trust worthy , so if he pass the business to anybody, they must be giving him update on the business from time to time, and that means the entrepreneur is practically still in the business.
Still don't understand, ok based on your write-up do you still agree that it is still the best for a retired personnel to look for a way to establish a business even after old age ?

As an entrepreneur, the retirement age is not fixed and many would want to stay in business to be relevant in the business world.
50yrs of age is an ideal time for me, because I'm the type that wants to stay beyond 25Years in business.

Allowing another brilliant mind to take over the business while I enjoy my retirement at that age is cool.

What about you?
He or she should retire when he is no long strong enough to handle his or her business. As an entrepreneur, retiree should not be based on age, rather, it should be based on the strength, power or health of the entrepreneur.

There is age for retirement for entrepreneurs. Since it's a sole proprietorship or joint partnership business. It all depends on the individual to decide when feel like stepping down from active service in their business.
The real question that I always ask myself is whether enterpreneurs actually retired because I don't really see most business man retired because they always have one thing that they run that helped them to make money.

This retirement issues it's depends on who and how they work, some person mental and physical health can carry them as long as possible but some can't and some work offline or have persons helping out, therefore it's depends it on the persons and how they work

This will also depend on the entrepreneur's capability , some stressful business will not needs people who are older , a person is likely to retired faster when the business is somehow stressful . it depends on business .

An enterpreneur retiring depends on the actual time he or she started working and the time he started making money from the business , the age of sixty and sixty five should do.

Actually there is no fixed specific age for someone to retire though sometimes it depends on the policies of the state at 50 years but you can actually retired at any age of your choice when you are not good at the job.
There is no specified age for an entrepreneur to retire but he can do that at anytime he has someone who can succeed him or when he can not be able to do his task effectively.

Last edited:
Entrepreneur's retirement age will depend on his passion. If the person is enjoying running a business, I don't think age matter to him. He will retire whenever he wants, depending on what stage of his life he prefers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds