Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Ask Shawn Gossman Anything!

Advertisement Placeholder
What time do you try to go to bed, usually?
On days I have to go into the office - 9:30 PM. On days I work virtually - 10:30 PM. My commute one way is 80 miles so I have to get up early to drive.

On weekend and vacations, I usually stay up until 11-11:30 PM unless I need to get up earlier than usual.

My step-daughter is 16. She says I'm old for going to bed that early. She stays up until dawn and sleeps all day. :LOL:

Do you want kids of your own?
No. I'm nearly 40 years old. Suppose I was in my 20s, maybe. Now I'm older, I look forward to traveling at some point. Her oldest has moved out and started a family of his own. Her youngest is 16, so she's close to being an adult. She can live with us as long as she wants, but once she gets to that adult age, we can go off and travel, and she can find out what it's like to be a grown-up :cool:

Do you have a favorite tree?
Bald Cypress (a swamp tree) :cool:

They also have rooting components called knees, as pictured below. You'd almost think they're stumps but they're a part of the tree.

swamp.jpg

Those look really neat! Why is it your favorite? :3
They're unique to my area.

I live in southern Illinois at the very bottom of the state.

We have swamps that look like swamps in the Bayou of Louisiana. But we have no alligators...

These swamps are natural. They, at one time, were frequent along the area from the formation of the Illinois basin.

They're different in this area. They still freak people out that we have swamps when they don't understand local natural history.

The area in this photo (Heron Pond Swamp Preserve) got me into hiking and nature.

Not really. So, I looked it up.

The name Shawn is Irish and commonly spelled in other forms such as Sean, Shaun, and Shon.

There is a lot of religious meaning attached to it. If that is the case, I will assume the name is ancient.

Now that was very interesting to learn, haha.

Not anymore. I used to and I watch it every now and then, mainly Cartoons because it only gets turned on when the stepdaughter turns it on. She'll watch a cartoon movie and my attention will eventually turn to the movie LOL

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds