Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Artistic Abilities

Advertisement Placeholder
Enjoy working with in the astrophotography. It's a blending of photography and using computerized equipment to capture the data. Most images you see have some artistic license taken with them. I'm still in the process of learning my chosen processing software, which is generally acknowledged to be one of the best, but also one of the hardest to use because it has so many features and you can do similar processing multiple ways in it.

full

These two are of the same target, just two different scopes and cameras (left one a one a cooled shot color and the right a mono cooled with filters, they require different processing).

full
full

These are a few of my more recent processed captures (I've deleted the data and started over with fresh since I found issues in the original captures).

full
full

full

This one is the very first image I ever captured with one of my telescopes when I was first learning how to use the NexStar 8se and a planetary camera. I quickly realized there was more to it than just hooking a camera up to a telescope. You have to actually worry about appropriate backspace in your image train (why it's slightly blurry)... who would have thought it! :p

full

Enjoy working with in the astrophotography. It's a blending of photography and using computerized equipment to capture the data. Most images you see have some artistic license taken with them. I'm still in the process of learning my chosen processing software, which is generally acknowledged to be one of the best, but also one of the hardest to use because it has so many features and you can do similar processing multiple ways in it.

full

These two are of the same target, just two different scopes and cameras (left one a one a cooled shot color and the right a mono cooled with filters, they require different processing).

full
full

These are a few of my more recent processed captures (I've deleted the data and started over with fresh since I found issues in the original captures).

full
full

full

This one is the very first image I ever captured with one of my telescopes when I was first learning how to use the NexStar 8se and a planetary camera. I quickly realized there was more to it than just hooking a camera up to a telescope. You have to actually worry about appropriate backspace in your image train (why it's slightly blurry)... who would have thought it! :p

full
These are simply incredible! Thanks for sharing! I could look at these all day! It is also cool that you can take a picture of the same thing but with different settings/lenses and it looks so different. Space is fascinating!

These are simply incredible! Thanks for sharing! I could look at these all day! It is also cool that you can take a picture of the same thing but with different settings/lenses and it looks so different. Space is fascinating!
Thanks... my processing is still at the very beginner level. I really like to accumulate the data... and once I get about 20-30 hours of captured data process it now.
I've been interested in astronomy and the weather (funny how the two can go hand in hand) since I was about 11-12 years old. It's only recently that I've actually been able to afford to pursue the level of astronomy that I could only dream of back then.
My site is primarily a site that I can post my images and thoughts, but also actually allow others to participate. I'm in the process of setting up a local astronomy club, with special groups for the local schools also. It's a slow process since I'm currently getting all the equipment myself.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds