Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Admin Well-being Are you great at solving everyone else's problems (except your own)?

Conversations on avoiding burnout and maintaining enthusiasm while running a forum

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
Have you ever noticed how it's so easy to use your talents to help others but struggle to apply the same skills for your own benefit?

This comes from a couple of common causes:
  • the tendency to deprioritize ourselves
  • he paralysis of a perfect vision.
When we're just ideating, everything seems flawless and achievable in our minds—the dream job, the ideal life. But when it's time to act, the fear of imperfection and failure often stops us dead in our tracks. We cling to the fantasy because the reality of executing our ideas can be messy and fraught with the risk of failure. It's like being stuck as the bridesmaid (but never the bride!) in our own lives, always helping others shine at the altar but never ourselves.

Moreover, those of us who are more empathetic often end up prioritizing others' needs over our own, thinking we'll get around to our aspirations "someday."
  • How have you experienced this in your own life?
  • What strategies have you found effective in balancing helping others with investing in your own growth?

Advertisement Placeholder
This is an issue I run into a lot more than I admit to. I am always ready to help others and I will use any skills or even knowledge I have and know to help others when they need it and have always been that way.

When it comes to needing help or knowledge, I always find it difficult to seek that help even though I know by just asking for the help I would be able to get my answers.

This is an issue I run into a lot more than I admit to. I am always ready to help others and I will use any skills or even knowledge I have and know to help others when they need it and have always been that way.

When it comes to needing help or knowledge, I always find it difficult to seek that help even though I know by just asking for the help I would be able to get my answers.
I think it's super important to acknowledge this for yourself. Im the same way and love learning new things to help others (which is what I love about forums - the opportunity to help others!), but it's so hard to learn things for myself!

I've been helping people with forum/coding support for over a decade and I don't apply it to myself to learn more or further expand my knowledge because I'm so unmotivated to learn new things and I suppose I am too afraid of failure when it comes to learning new things.
Do you have a friend who is also in a similar rut because he's afraid of failure and won't change, what would you advise him?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 10)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds