Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are you allowed to use smartphone at work?

Credits
Have you ever worked in a company where it's strictly forbidden to use your smartphone during your working hours? I know some people who worked at Walmart, they are not allowed to use their phones while on duty. If you're caught with your phone, that's going to get the person sacked immediately.

Can you work in place smartphone ain't allowed to be used during your working hours for any reason whatsoever?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have in the past worked in a company where you could use your phone if you were on a break but not if you were out working, that was when I worked as a waitress for my first job. Back then we only had basic phones with calls and texts so it wasn't what we have now and the temptation was not as bad.

Now I work from home and tend to use my phone for different reasons, I am strict with myself when I am working though to not go on mobile games I enjoy.

I have worked at places where phones are not permitted and I have used them. Now my new job It is strictly prohibited to have a phone while working so I will follow those rules for the fact that I work for a good company and a great pay rate with good benefits

I haven't worked in any place where workers are not allowed to use their mobile phones. You're expected to be reasonable when using your phone and not be on it when there are customers to be attended to. If you do that, there's a query waiting for you.

Yes, all the workers are allowed to use their mobile phones where I'm working at the moment. It was what I worked in a call centre that I wasn't allowed to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds