Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Are you a webmaster for the money?

Please dont feel demotivated and dont give up - I do not think making a modest part time income out of a few sites is that unreasonable just so long as you do not want an excessive income. If you have fun doing the sites and getting involved with people then the money is the cherry on the top - and if you dont enjoy it then all the money in the world will not make it fun.

I think you nailed it there cyberpuppet. I am thoroughly enjoying what I am doing, I absolutely hope to make a trickle of money from it, of course - but that's a bonus as online entrepreneurship is a hobby for me right now.

Advertisement Placeholder
I personally started out as a passionate blogger simply interacting with others online to discuss current issues. However, after getting a good amount of traffic on the blog, I saw an opportunity to make money out of it. So I opted for google adsense ads and also got into some afilliate marketing to boost my income and the results have been encouraging.

I don't do it for the money. I just do it because it is entertaining for me and I get to help people when they have issues with their problems. It helps when I don't know what the hell I am doing on a site. Just recently, I learned bootstrap :p

I write my own stuff out of a love for it, but I took over the website for a friend's business for the money mostly. I do enjoy the work, and learning ways to improve the website, but the job offer came at a time when I really needed some extra money, so I jumped on it. I'm hoping to get some of my own websites up and going this year.

My best performing blog has zero ads on it. There's days it has a 0-10% bounce rate, 5+ page views per user, and I can't get half of those stats with my much bigger money site.

I'm starting to think the bigger site is not worth the trouble and maybe people really do like my cheesy little blog a lot better! The only thing I worry about is monetizing properly without losing readers. It will be a lot of trial and error, that's for sure!

I love sharing my thoughts and creating content, also the money of course but I just realized I have been doing it for free for so long it would be nice to actually make a living out of it. Never succeeded though but even to this day I think there's a possibility of earning good money, even thought that would be like finding gold in your backyard.

When I started blogging I had no intention of making money from my blog. My goal was to "educate" those who visited my blog. However when I noticed that I was merely wasting my time trying to get narrow-minded people to change, I lost interest in that blog and that's why when I created my next blog all I wanted was to make some money from it. The blog didn't make me any money though.

Do it for love and money. That's the winning strategy if you want to make money from a site I think.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds