Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Are we all trying too hard?

pandaa

Website
forumhour.com
Credits
I've wondered for a while whether we're trying a little too hard as webmasters when it comes to SEO. It seems to me like a lot of the most popular websites don't implement popular SEO practices, and it also seems like spending a lot of time on SEO really doesn't get you too far. What are your thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I completely agree. The only thing I have ever found to be beneficial, long term, for SEO is to regularly create content for your site which people are interested in.

I guess it's because we are hoping to get big and noticed like any other forum out there. I have alot of tags on my forum so it will be easier for people to find my forum . Big websites don't need it cause of their statistics .

Never took SEO seriously on my newest site and I get thousands of hits a day. Social media is far more important than SEO, but everyone seems to want to chug Google's fat c*** instead of facing reality.

In some ways I can understand why you would say you are doing a whole lot. Many webmasters don't even do what some of us do to promote our website. I bump up a few topics per day to help my forum, doesn't always help but can help in the long run or for a short period of time.

I really do not worry about SEO, however, I guess I should! The more traffic I get, the better SEO I get is usually what happens.

My google search results for my site are funky.

We are all trying to hard. The key is to work smart and to keep working. there's no legit way to skyrocket success without a successful pattern or patience. So, it is smart to set the deadline to be reasonable!

Yes! It takes time to learn to work smart! To work smart, you need either to learn the step by step from successful people, take time to build strategies or spying on successful websites. Keep trying and you'll see the effectiveness of each of your little action!

I couldn't agree more with this. You see so many forums and websites that seem to be doing really well and yet all they seem to do is stick to a few small methods to help with SEO and there is me trying every method I can find and still finding myself stuck at the bottom. I feel a lot of the time it's the content you have and how you promote it rather than how many methods you can use to get it out there.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds