Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are promotions in a business organisation always based on performance?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
It is commonly believed that if you perform well, then you will be able to get promoted to a better position in a company. In majority of the cases, this might actually be the case. However, do you think that promotion is based on performance alone? Or there could be some other factors that may get you a better position?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, promotion in any business I've been familiar with is based on your performance, experience, age and contribution in the business. I've never seen where a new staff who never contributed in high performance in company for year would be promoted ahead over who did.

I do not think promotions are always based on performance, I believe promotions are mostly based on nepotism. If someone is an average worker but is on friendly terms with the boss, he has a high chance of being promoted compared to someone who is not on friendly terms with the boss but is very good at work.

I do not think promotions are always based on performance, I believe promotions are mostly based on nepotism. If someone is an average worker but is on friendly terms with the boss, he has a high chance of being promoted compared to someone who is not on friendly terms with the boss but is very good at work.

Seriously, I have seen this happened so many times in companies including where I'm working now. Unfortunately, there's no way you can be allowed to question their decision. You're employed to work and not to question their decision making. This is not how it's supposed to be but that's how it's been in most cases.

Beggers cannot be choosers, right? if you are not happy with the company's decision, you are free to leave the company. If you feel humiliated for not being promoted, you can quit but you are not in the position to question their decision.

Yes, promotion in any business I've been familiar with is based on your performance, experience, age and contribution in the business. I've never seen where a new staff who never contributed in high performance in company for year would be promoted ahead over who did.

Well, the fact remains that there have been many cases of many bosses promoting certain employees due to personal reasons and I think that this is a very common thing in many business organisations. Unfortunately, this is true.

Beggers cannot be choosers, right? if you are not happy with the company's decision, you are free to leave the company. If you feel humiliated for not being promoted, you can quit but you are not in the position to question their decision.

Exactly! This is the reason why I don't care about whatever decision that the company where I am working for makes when it comes to promotion of their employees because I know it is something that I will never have the power to influence. But as long as I am being paid what I am supposed to be paid, I will always be satisfied with it, then if promotion comes with it, everything have worked out perfect.

For the most part, yes, doing good work often, will put you in the running for a promotion. Of course it also depends on the job you're in, and your boss. I think if you go above and beyond the duty of your job, you for sure should get a raise or promotion. You should especially if you bring in a big deal to your company, or make your company a lot of money. But, there may be jobs out there that don't advance as much in terms of promotions, so it does depend on the job and whether or not there's a way to advance in said company.

Exactly! This is the reason why I don't care about whatever decision that the company where I am working for makes when it comes to promotion of their employees because I know it is something that I will never have the power to influence. But as long as I am being paid what I am supposed to be paid, I will always be satisfied with it, then if promotion comes with it, everything have worked out perfect.

The main problem is that there are many companies that do offer promotions. However, reaching a specific target could be a really hard thing for many employees. This is why many employees may not even try to work hard in order to get promoted in the company.

Well, the fact remains that there have been many cases of many bosses promoting certain employees due to personal reasons and I think that this is a very common thing in many business organisations. Unfortunately, this is true.
Yes, there are instances where this happens in a company. It's how human relationship works in a work setting. It can be used to change how things are done. I've seen it occur more than I can count and it's going to keep happening.

Yes, there are instances where this happens in a company. It's how human relationship works in a work setting. It can be used to change how things are done. I've seen it occur more than I can count and it's going to keep happening.

I think that there are many companies where such kind of thing is practised and job promotions are based on personal interests and favouritism. This could damage the business because talented people are never given the right kind of opportunity.

The main problem is that there are many companies that do offer promotions. However, reaching a specific target could be a really hard thing for many employees. This is why many employees may not even try to work hard in order to get promoted in the company.

I have actually seen some companies like that that doesn't have any kind of promotion plans for their workers. I try as much as possible not to waste my time working for those company because they don't have any plans of making you to grow financially when you are working for them which is a very wicked act in my opinion.

I think that there are many companies where such kind of thing is practised and job promotions are based on personal interests and favouritism. This could damage the business because talented people are never given the right kind of opportunity.

Yes, it's what favouritism and personal preference makes the business owners do at times when they are promoting their employees. They lack objectivity in how they make their decision, it's why they promote based on personal preferences and not merit.

Once you don't hire the best suited people to work for your business, the death of your business is not far away. Those unqualified individuals will keep destroying your business bit by bit until there's nothing left to destroy and they will leave. Don't think they are going to be there to help you build back up the business.

I have actually seen some companies like that that doesn't have any kind of promotion plans for their workers. I try as much as possible not to waste my time working for those company because they don't have any plans of making you to grow financially when you are working for them which is a very wicked act in my opinion.

Indeed, there are many such kind of companies. In our country, many telemarketing companies never offer promotions. This is why most of the employees leave the company. Very few people get promoted. Moreover, there is a lots of favouritism as well, so the chances of getting promoted in such companies is very low.

Indeed, there are many such kind of companies. In our country, many telemarketing companies never offer promotions. This is why most of the employees leave the company. Very few people get promoted. Moreover, there is a lots of favouritism as well, so the chances of getting promoted in such companies is very low.

Personally, I am going to find it very difficult to be loyal and committed when it comes to working for a company that doesn't have any plans of offering a promotion for any of their employees. This is because I cannot be working for a company for years without having any kind of improvement based on promotion and the money that I'm going to paid for my work.

Personally, I am going to find it very difficult to be loyal and committed when it comes to working for a company that doesn't have any plans of offering a promotion for any of their employees. This is because I cannot be working for a company for years without having any kind of improvement based on promotion and the money that I'm going to paid for my work.

Well, it is not only you. There are many other kind of people who would also feel it hard to stay loyal; to a company that does not offer promotions or bonuses. Despite this, still many employees may stay loyal because they may actually enjoy working in such kind of companies despite not receiving a raise. There could be many different reasons for that.

Well, it is not only you. There are many other kind of people who would also feel it hard to stay loyal; to a company that does not offer promotions or bonuses. Despite this, still many employees may stay loyal because they may actually enjoy working in such kind of companies despite not receiving a raise. There could be many different reasons for that.

The truth is that there are some people who can never be able to make some certain hard decision in a situation whereby they are working in companies that don't take them seriously because they don't have a better alternative they they're going to use. This is why they will keep on working for those company until foreseeable future.

The truth is that there are some people who can never be able to make some certain hard decision in a situation whereby they are working in companies that don't take them seriously because they don't have a better alternative they they're going to use. This is why they will keep on working for those company until foreseeable future.

Well, I think that there is a limit to every thing. Let me share my personal experience with you. I once worked for a company. I used to generate sales. I was generating profits for the company. However, there came a time when they kept demanding more and more. It was really upsetting situation for me. There came a time when I had to quit, despite the fact that i never had many options. I was unemployed. However, I later started to work as an online freelancer. So, when they keep demanding more and more, you may have no other option.

All the promotion that's been going on in the business establishment that I'm working have always been based on performances and age. This is something that almost everyone working there are happy for because you know how to get promoted and even towards it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds