Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are promotions in a business organisation always based on performance?

All the promotion that's been going on in the business establishment that I'm working have always been based on performances and age. This is something that almost everyone working there are happy for because you know how to get promoted and even towards it.

There are many many people who may receive a promotion quite late and this is quite heartbreaking. Mostly promotions are based on performance, however, it may be a really tricky thing. Many employees get promoted after almost one year or even after several years.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are many many people who may receive a promotion quite late and this is quite heartbreaking. Mostly promotions are based on performance, however, it may be a really tricky thing. Many employees get promoted after almost one year or even after several years.

It is always wrong for a company not to promote their workers when they are supposed to be promoted. This only shows that the company doesn't value and appreciate their workers that have been committed and dedicated in working on their project for years.

I can actually tell me that this is the reason why most people find it very difficult to be loyal to any company.

Indeed, there are many such kind of companies. In our country, many telemarketing companies never offer promotions. This is why most of the employees leave the company. Very few people get promoted. Moreover, there is a lots of favouritism as well, so the chances of getting promoted in such companies is very low.

If it's what I want, there shouldn't be any job like telemarketing anymore. Companies into telemarketing jobs should find another business line. It's a torment and not a job. Telemarkers are not paid well but they are expected to make millions for the company.

Yes, promotion in any business I've been familiar with is based on your performance, experience, age and contribution in the business. I've never seen where a new staff who never contributed in high performance in company for year would be promoted ahead over who did.

There are times when a new staff could get promoted as a result of their commitment in their previous workplace. We have to consider skills when promoting a particular staff and when a new staff is capable of handling certain positions in the workplace, they can get that promotion too.

There are times when a new staff could get promoted as a result of their commitment in their previous workplace. We have to consider skills when promoting a particular staff and when a new staff is capable of handling certain positions in the workplace, they can get that promotion too.

The only reason why I am going to understand it whenever a new staff gets promoted ahead of the old staffs in the company is when the old staffs are not being committed and serious with doing their job, but the new staff came and showed a lot of commitment and dedication in proving that they have better interest of the business at heart with how they work.

It is always wrong for a company not to promote their workers when they are supposed to be promoted. This only shows that the company doesn't value and appreciate their workers that have been committed and dedicated in working on their project for years.

I can actually tell me that this is the reason why most people find it very difficult to be loyal to any company.

This is particularly true for telemarketing companies. Many people who join telemarketing companies might never be interested in working in such companies for too long. Most of the people quit such kind of companies after working for two or three months. This is why people rarely get promoted.

If you're being promoted as a staff, it's not only for the improved benefits like increased pay and other incentives, it's because they need more from you and they believe you can deliver. Promotion comes with bigger responsibility.

If you're being promoted as a staff, it's not only for the improved benefits like increased pay and other incentives, it's because they need more from you and they believe you can deliver. Promotion comes with bigger responsibility.

Well, you are right on that. The office can only give you a promotion when they believe that you are going to bring key changes that will make the company better in your new role. As long as the management is convinced, they will offer you that role.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds