Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anxiety

Advertisement Placeholder
I have social anxiety and my spouse has general anxiety disorder. It's hard for me to talk on the phone with most people, and I get super anxious if I have to go into a place like a gas station by myself and pay for my items. I prefer to go to self checkout when I'm at the store, but my spouse and I order our groceries most of the time these days.

I have sort of obsessive anxiety where I over-analyse everything, thinking about the past... and all that. What if's etc. Anti-depressants and all that.
I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety and know how debilitating it can be. I wish you all the best.

Anxiety sucks and I know from experience. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder w/ Panic Attacks when I was around 13 years old. It got diagnosed because I had such a bad panic attack I lost control of one of my legs for a day. It was wild. Point blank: Anxiety is a struggle. I feel for anyone with it, and I still struggle with it even with medication. But you do your best with what you've got, right? :)

Anxiety sucks and I know from experience. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder w/ Panic Attacks when I was around 13 years old. It got diagnosed because I had such a bad panic attack I lost control of one of my legs for a day. It was wild. Point blank: Anxiety is a struggle. I feel for anyone with it, and I still struggle with it even with medication. But you do your best with what you've got, right? :)
Sorry to hear that! Oh no, panic attacks suck! I realise this may be triggering for you to remember, but can I ask, what do you mean by losing control of your legs?

Sorry to hear that! Oh no, panic attacks suck! I realise this may be triggering for you to remember, but can I ask, what do you mean by losing control of your legs?
Well, technically it was one leg, but I literally lost the ability to move it. It was completely numb and limp! I ended up needing help getting to the nurse's office at school because I couldn't walk myself there, and got wheeled out in a wheelchair. It lasted about 12 hours. They were getting prepared to do a spinal tap when that anxiety overrode the original anxiety (that we never did find out the cause of) and they realized "oh, this was a panic attack!" ^^;

Well, technically it was one leg, but I literally lost the ability to move it. It was completely numb and limp! I ended up needing help getting to the nurse's office at school because I couldn't walk myself there, and got wheeled out in a wheelchair. It lasted about 12 hours. They were getting prepared to do a spinal tap when that anxiety overrode the original anxiety (that we never did find out the cause of) and they realized "oh, this was a panic attack!" ^^;
Oh my, that's horrible! So sorry to hear that and hope you never have to experience that again!! :(

I have been known to suffer from anxiety myself and it is something that I am now finding I can manage but I do still get quite anxious when it comes to being in busy places and around people I do not know.

I get super anxious when I have work done on the house as well and always ensure that I have someone with me when that happens so that I feel a little more at ease.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds