Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

An I.T. Guy's Christmas Wish

Advertisement Placeholder
This video is really something. I like it. I do agree with the sentiment as being an I.T. professional myself.
Its just that, if family members are asking for help then I am always happy to help. If it's my friend or colleagues or relatives, I would be like 'there is something called google which can provide answers for almost anything. Just google it'.

But it's kinda hard to say that to them straight though. They should realize that, it's a rare occasion and festival for us too. Though people don't really ask me for my help, first thing in the morning, but they do ask my help from time to time.
When one of my colleagues wanted me to fix her PC, I really wanted to yell at her and barely kept myself back from doing just that.

But it's kinda hard to say that to them straight though.
I get phone calls, snapchats, emails everyday of the week even when I'm off of work. It's hard being known as the IT guy at highschool, college, work, and in the entire family.

I agree with you saying it's hard to say straight up. IT is my passion, job, and hobby. I enjoy doing it, but I also want my time off. When I'm with family, the first thing when I get there is "Hello how are you!?" and some hugs... Directly after that it's, "Hey, I brought my laptop, do you think you can fix it?"

Some of my family members will slip me a $20 or something which makes it well worth it, especially if all I have to do is turn it off and on! :)

I'm getting lucky this Christmas, I'm traveling to Atlanta Georgia for my dads side of the family, everyone is at-least a little bit tech savy!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds