Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Advantages and Disadvantages of Capitalism

Advantages:
1: We can earn money these days unlike at older times when it was really hard to earn money, some were poor and some were rich it wasn't balanced.
2: The countries of the world are united and can contact with each other at any time from almost anywhere, they can make deals have conversations and stay updated, unlike ancient times when the countries were more separated.

Disadvantages:
1: We are forced to work most of the day and then we don't really have freedom unlike at ancient times when we could be more free and not work for the entire day. We don't have to do so but in order to buy everything we need these days we must work for 8+ hours usually.
2: These days we have more laws and not all of them are completely acceptable and good for all of us so it might be difficult to change them, and at the past there were less laws than we have now it wasn't okay but yet there weren't the bad laws like we have these days.

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually capitalism had so much advantages and so also disadvantages depending on how its been operate in a particular country. one of it advantages is associated with free choice for goods that's free market trade.

The advantages of a capitalist economy is that you would make huge profits because the economy would be run like a business but this is advantage of this type of system is that the prices of goods and services will go up.

Left to me, I would prefer to choose a capitalist type of economy because this type of economy would be run like a business and huge profit would come out of it.

There is unequal distribution of wealth when it comes to capitalism. like someone have stated, it is the main reason a lot of individuals are poor around the world. When you come to communism the distribution of wealth is equal and the rate of poverty is not that much.

Capitalism in a checked and balanced market is a great thing. The reason why it has become an issue is not down to capitalism itself, but who uses it to their advantage. Think of the US economy from 50 years ago, most products were made here. Now, most are made in China and India to cut costs. This results in job loss and less stability in the US as well as furthering poverty and slave labor in places like China.

Capitalism in a checked and balanced market is a great thing. The reason why it has become an issue is not down to capitalism itself, but who uses it to their advantage. Think of the US economy from 50 years ago, most products were made here. Now, most are made in China and India to cut costs. This results in job loss and less stability in the US as well as furthering poverty and slave labor in places like China.
Some countries like mine that copied the US style of government have not actually utilised it to our advantage. I wouldn't blame capitalism but I would blame the leadership of my country because they have not been able to utilise it to the advantage of the people.

Some countries like mine that copied the US style of government have not actually utilised it to our advantage. I wouldn't blame capitalism but I would blame the leadership of my country because they have not been able to utilise it to the advantage of the people.
Capitalism is still one of the best economic systems as compared to other. Most of the developed countries in the world adopt this system and it gives room for competition and expressions of business ideas and models.

Capitalism is still one of the best economic systems as compared to other. Most of the developed countries in the world adopt this system and it gives room for competition and expressions of business ideas and models.
of course, I know that a lot of developed countries adopted capitalising and it is working for them. Every country must understand what works for them and try as much as possible to follow that path. China for example is communist and they are probably doing well.

of course, I know that a lot of developed countries adopted capitalising and it is working for them. Every country must understand what works for them and try as much as possible to follow that path. China for example is communist and they are probably doing well.
Well, you have raised a very strong point. But I believe China's rise can be really attributed to it's innovation in science and technology and not really the economic system adopted.

Well, you have raised a very strong point. But I believe China's rise can be really attributed to it's innovation in science and technology and not really the economic system adopted.
Of course, it was the economic system that brought out the best in them. If they were capitalist, do you think they would be where they are today?. Maybe, but when you're talking about China's progress, communism should be given some credits.

In capitalism businesses are given a greater incentive to work hard since they get to enjoy the profits they generate by determining the means of production of a country

In capitalism businesses are given a greater incentive to work hard since they get to enjoy the profits they generate by determining the means of production of a country
Definitely, capitalism is more individual oriented or individualistic but the reverse is the case in communism. In capitalism individuals actually determine the means of production in a particular country and there is high competition.

Actually capitalism has so much advantages and disadvantages as well. alot of countries in the world these day are becoming more poorer than ever and some becoming more richer because of the operation of capitalism.
When very notable disadvantage of capitalism is that there can never be even distribution of wealth and it also make a lot of people to lose their humanity and dignity.
I think capitalism has much disadvantages that is very serious. it has run down the dignity and respect of humanity simple because you needed to sustain your life. alot of employees are being harassed by the bosses.

Last edited:
as an African i do not believe in capitalism at all, i believe capitalism was meant for the western world but not in an african settings as in time pass we africans practice the communal system, not until after colonization and subsequently independence before we adopted that practice

as an African i do not believe in capitalism at all, i believe capitalism was meant for the western world but not in an african settings as in time pass we africans practice the communal system, not until after colonization and subsequently independence before we adopted that practice
You are a good African that doesn't make a bias statement , you are really right , capitalism can only happened in the western world , but we are gradually adopting the style.

You are a good African that doesn't make a bias statement , you are really right , capitalism can only happened in the western world , but we are gradually adopting the style.
We must realize that the world is constantly changing so we must adopt and practice new economic systems in order to compete favourably with other countries in terms of development.

It makes the rich to always become richer while the poor are left at the mercy of the rich. It's so bad, but the poor also need to work hard to become rich.

Capitalism makes it easy for individuals to be more creative and think outside the box to get things done. This is because they know there isn't any alternative to that at all.

Capitalism though it is practiced well in countries that isn't corrupt.
It becomes really bad in countries with a corrupt economy as the rich only make themselves richer and the poor are left impoverished.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds