Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Admin Junkies: 10 days of Kindness Challenge

Credits
Admin Junkies: 10 Days of Kindness

I am here to challenge Admin Junkies community, you, to be purposeful for the next 10 days to find a moment to go out of your way for someone and show them an act of kindness. I would hope that you're able to do these for people that perhaps you don't normally do these things for, or perhaps you're not always so purposeful to those around you. It is believed by doing these can not only improve your day, but improve that of someone else's. If you want to do it for someone online or in person, either way is okay!

The hope is to do at least 10 acts of kindness... however, do as many as you'd like ~ more or less. Perhaps you skip a day because it's a bad day - that's okay - you can do two in one day if that helps you. :) Some ideas of what you could do - now some of these might be what you do already, but this is to be purposeful and recognize how much kindness you provide! If you come up with some other ideas, feel free to share them here!

Online Ideas
- Join a stranger's forum and make 5 posts!
- Compliment a user on Admin Junkies via pm or profile page
- Interact with someone you've never chatted with before
- Provide constructive feedback to a forum (that has requested it)
- Compliment a user's forum on their advertising thread in the link directory

Offline Ideas
- Smile at 5 people throughout the day
- Take a treat to your local firefighters
- Do a household chore without being asked
- Take a board game to play at a senior center
- Donate something to an animal shelter
- Say hello to a neighbor or make a new friend
- Write a note/letter to someone who is under appreciated
- Contact a close friend and tell them how important they are to you
- Bring coffee or a treat to a coworker/family member
- Return your grocery cart/buggy/trolley
- Compliment a stranger
- Pay for someone's drink at Starbucks
- Make a donation
- Random text to brighten someone's day
- Leave a larger tip than usual for a waiter
- Give positive feedback on an employee experience you've had
- Buy someone's lunch for them
- Be kind to yourself
- Hold the door for the person behind you

Advertisement Placeholder
This is a great idea! I'd love to participate, but I know I get distracted too easily by other things or don't think of such acts of kindness immediately. I think I just need to keep building on acts of kindness so it becomes much of a routine and not something I force myself into doing.
I agree. I thought this would be helpful to keep us mindful of our actions. Putting others first and knowing we are doing something kind for someone. It has the ability to help us mentally but helps others as well. Even if you do 1 thing within the 10 days - it can eventually become more habitual or routine!

Admin Junkies: 10 Days of Kindness

I am here to challenge Admin Junkies community, you, to be purposeful for the next 10 days to find a moment to go out of your way for someone and show them an act of kindness. I would hope that you're able to do these for people that perhaps you don't normally do these things for, or perhaps you're not always so purposeful to those around you. It is believed by doing these can not only improve your day, but improve that of someone else's. If you want to do it for someone online or in person, either way is okay!

The hope is to do at least 10 acts of kindness... however, do as many as you'd like ~ more or less. Perhaps you skip a day because it's a bad day - that's okay - you can do two in one day if that helps you. :) Some ideas of what you could do - now some of these might be what you do already, but this is to be purposeful and recognize how much kindness you provide! If you come up with some other ideas, feel free to share them here!

Online Ideas
- Join a stranger's forum and make 5 posts!
- Compliment a user on Admin Junkies via pm or profile page
- Interact with someone you've never chatted with before
- Provide constructive feedback to a forum (that has requested it)
- Compliment a user's forum on their advertising thread in the link directory

Offline Ideas
- Smile at 5 people throughout the day
- Take a treat to your local firefighters
- Do a household chore without being asked
- Take a board game to play at a senior center
- Donate something to an animal shelter
- Say hello to a neighbor or make a new friend
- Write a note/letter to someone who is under appreciated
- Contact a close friend and tell them how important they are to you
- Bring coffee or a treat to a coworker/family member
- Return your grocery cart/buggy/trolley
- Compliment a stranger
- Pay for someone's drink at Starbucks
- Make a donation
- Random text to brighten someone's day
- Leave a larger tip than usual for a waiter
- Give positive feedback on an employee experience you've had
- Buy someone's lunch for them
- Be kind to yourself
- Hold the door for the person behind you
😄Fear not, for i am here to rain on this parade. Yet do not take this the wrong way Rev, and it's certainly not meant in the typical sense of a compliment, nor is it relevant to the quoted OP mission, i'm just stating observable actualities,...🤭
😃🥇Clearly you've fine character qualities and a heart of gold.
🏆Sincerely, well done!

😄Fear not, for i am here to rain on this parade. Yet do not take this the wrong way Rev, and it's certainly not meant in the typical sense of a compliment, nor is it relevant to the quoted OP mission, i'm just stating observable actualities,...🤭
😃🥇Clearly you've fine character qualities and a heart of gold.
🏆Sincerely, well done!
Aw thank you @André :) Truly means a lot to be recognized from time to time! You are pretty awesome as well, you have such a sense of humor and I greatly appreciate that!

Aw thank you @André :) Truly means a lot to be recognized from time to time! You are pretty awesome as well, you have such a sense of humor and I greatly appreciate that!
😧...i've a,...a, sense of what?

B-butt, eye'm always super serious!?

So basically what i'm getting is that ya'll been secretly laughing at my unwavering seriousness?!

i am just so the opposite of offended right now🤗

Face the wrath of my vicious doom hounds...hyahh...!!

Sometimes I feel like no one except some of my family members cares about me, so I often feel the need to put down humanity in my head for being so self-centered and lack empathy. But, if I did be kind to people more often maybe they would be kind to me back and I would start to realize how nice people truly can be when you put others ahead of yourself. We're self-centered naturally, but we can break the habit to a degree to branch out and be kind to others and hopefully, it will be a good way to form bonds with people.

Sometimes I feel like no one except some of my family members cares about me, so I often feel the need to put down humanity in my head for being so self-centered and lack empathy. But, if I did be kind to people more often maybe they would be kind to me back and I would start to realize how nice people truly can be when you put others ahead of yourself. We're self-centered naturally, but we can break the habit to a degree to branch out and be kind to others and hopefully, it will be a good way to form bonds with people.
That is very nice wording! I feel if we give respect, common courtesy, common decency to others, even if it's not reciprocated, it can help us be stronger to deal with those who are unkind to us. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds