Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🛍️ Business Sales Adding a Shop to Your Site

For topics related to selling products or services directly through the website.
Credits
One of the interesting ways to monetize your website is by adding a shop page. You can sell digital products, merch, dropship, or even sell from your own inventory. If you have a high traffic website and if you have a lot of subscribers, you might be able to generate sales. Have you done this? Have you managed to generate sales?

Well, I have done this and I have generated some sales. However, with a small traffic, generating sales on my shop is not happening on a regular basis.

Advertisement Placeholder
One of the interesting ways to monetize your website is by adding a shop page. You can sell digital products, merch, dropship, or even sell from your own inventory. If you have a high traffic website and if you have a lot of subscribers, you might be able to generate sales. Have you done this? Have you managed to generate sales?

Well, I have done this and I have generated some sales. However, with a small traffic, generating sales on my shop is not happening on a regular basis.
I've never really done it on forums.

I do have an official merch shop for my hiking niche brand. I sell t-shirts, hoodies, and stickers. I make a decent amount each year, but everything is print-on-demand, so I don't make a whole lot.

I think it could work for forums, but the niche is going to be the big key factor.

My Bike Southern Illinois forum would probably work because cyclists like to wear bike-related t-shorts, hoodies, and stuff like that. I could even sell cycling kits, bike accessories, and stuff like that.

But for Another Admin Forum? I don't see anyone wanting to buy merch with that brand except maybe the most loyal member.

It's best to strategize and see if your niche is shop-worthy before making one.

Yeah, it might work for blogs as long as your blog generates organic traffic and your products are on related niche. However, I have also not done this on forum but I believe if a forum is huge and if there are a lot of activities, you might be able to sell products. Well, everything does not have to be site or niche related, right. For instance, AJ's shop does not have to be a cup or t-shirt with Admin Junkies written. It could be some motivational quotes, AI art, etc.

Adding a shop to your forum is not actually the problem but being able to offer something that is going to be interesting and useful to your members that is going to push them to make use of your shop to purchase whatever you are offering there is where at the biggest challenge is for most people who have interest in adding this shop feature in their community.

Running a forum and a shop are two different things. A community is a positive one. But when you change / add a shop to it, all sort of legal formalities jump in.
That's very true. A forum might be just a website on the internet, but when you add a shop you are a business and you will have to follow business laws, you might even have to register your website and pay taxes. But I really wonder if the sites that have shop page with them follow the standard business procedures.

When it comes to items you sell on your shop, you'll need to be careful that you're not breaking any copyright laws if you've got a fan community. Most companies don't want you selling merchandise with their properties without permission. However, of course if you were the one who created a character and wanted to sell your merch on your site that's absolutely fine at the end of the day. Say for example you have a community for an esports team and you want to make t-shirts with your logo on it. That's fine to sell!

That's very true. A forum might be just a website on the internet, but when you add a shop you are a business and you will have to follow business laws, you might even have to register your website and pay taxes. But I really wonder if the sites that have shop page with them follow the standard business procedures.
You could register your forum as a business(dba) at your local county clerk office if you’re in the United states.🇺🇸

You could register your forum as a business(dba) at your local county clerk office if you’re in the United states.🇺🇸
In our country, any websites that sell product or services need to be registered with government agencies, including in land revenue department. But interestingly, this law is widely disregarded by small website owners.
When it comes to items you sell on your shop, you'll need to be careful that you're not breaking any copyright laws if you've got a fan community. Most companies don't want you selling merchandise with their properties without permission. However, of course if you were the one who created a character and wanted to sell your merch on your site that's absolutely fine at the end of the day. Say for example you have a community for an esports team and you want to make t-shirts with your logo on it. That's fine to sell!
That's very true. I remember one case where a woman was sued by a celebrity for using his name/image on her product.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 10)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds