Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Active Topics

Advertisement Placeholder
I live mostly exclusively off New Posts, so...

So here's a question for those folks who browse the forums, would it be of interest potentially for you to be able to pick and choose your 'favourite' categories/boards/whatever and display them at the top of the list?

So here's a question for those folks who browse the forums, would it be of interest potentially for you to be able to pick and choose your 'favourite' categories/boards/whatever and display them at the top of the list?

I think it's an add-on, but some sites have the availability for members to select, through their account a whitelist. They choose which forums to show up on the whitelist node and I use that when I'm on staff at sites so the important staff discussions don't get lost in the mix.

On a couple of Jcink boards I'm a part of I actually have the "Active Topics" page bookmarked instead of the board index. On the few XenForo boards I'm a part of I just bookmark the board index. I guess because there are so many options on XenForo to view posts and not as many on Jcink. There's also the fact that the XenForo boards are much more active than the Jcink boards, so I find myself browsing forum by forum on XenForo and the Active Topics page on Jcink.

Do you browse the forum to find new posts or topics, or do you hit "New Posts"? :p
😁 Whale eye kinda just systematically browse first.

...smashing each thread indicating additional materials.

Then methodically speed reading every single page-and liking every single post until completion before hitting the next.

When they run out it's time to hit that little ⚡ and continue the process...😂yeah eye nose, bloody weirdo aye.

🤭Is,...it weirder to prefer chillin at one forum—not multiple simultaneously(¿?)

Say some goonish NZer chilled @TFSF.com since Dec 2021,...😅...and had never tried these forums before then.

It seems big to me—but probably tiny to ya'll.
Easy as to blast through every new post—though is busy some days so there be⚡ bashing involved.

Here @Admin-Junkies -these recent days i've noticed the average regular user/core member interaction/day is just about perfectly balanced for the nzfsf community i'd love to nurture....

...😂as a benevolent goofball addy, blasting through threads stoned af.

It's mostly me 'n' Notorious,...and of course Shortie, Book, Aaron & occasionally shiv(*🤔 suppose DUNE.wtf too-in a sense)

🤣i only use nzfsf's stupid new post button because it's faster than scrolling for miles to the top.

Anyway thank you for reading.😘

🤭Is,...it weirder to prefer chillin at one forum—not multiple simultaneously(¿?)
No, not at all. I'd speculate that the majority of folks chill at fewer places and spend more time at them, than spread their time across more places.

I mainly use AJ but I love living first on the most recent topics and posts - this helps to know what people are on and talking about. Then after that I go back and look at the areas and check out particular categories I would like to chat more about. This is how I end up posting threads and stuff because things pop up and I realize there is no thread already made about whatever topic.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds