Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Abortion

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
What do you think on this matter ? If I recall correctly, there's some serious heat in the US currently about this.

I'm absolutely against abortion unless one of these factors are involved. If either the kid is sick and would be sick its entire life by a handicap or something, I'd remove it. If the mother was raped and the kid is thus an 'accident' it should be removed. However, if that's not the case and the child is just an 'accident' which was not supposed to happen or happened too early, then people should just keep it and raise it the best they can.

Advertisement Placeholder
Many disabled out there go on to life really good lives good jobs etc.
That is true, I guess to me it just depends on the extent of damage to the kid's life it could cause. But you're right, when I worked at Kroger we had some sackers that were disabled and some of them seemed as happy as can be.

But you're right, when I worked at Kroger we had some sackers that were disabled and some of them seemed as happy as can be.
Some will appreciate the job more than 'normal' people.

There's a guy in the local supermarket who has down syndrome and always pushes trolleys with a smile on his face. I see others doing the same job and they look like they would rather be asleep.

There's a guy in the local supermarket who has down syndrome and always pushes trolleys with a smile on his face. I see others doing the same job and they look like they would rather be asleep.
Yeah, same with a guy I know who has that as well, he generally always has a smile on his face.

If the pregnancy is life threatening for the mother or she was raped but the rape part can be prevented immediately it was done and there wouldn't be anything like getting pregnant or it going too far. But if you were raped and you didn't do anything about it till the pregnancy gets to 2-3 months, I won't hear it.

Yeah this is a really heated and sensitive topic. It is legal here in the UK, so I do feel for those in other countries who are put into situations because it is illegal. However, I am not a person who can carry a child, therefore I don't believe I should be entitled to have an opinion when it's not my body nor is it a decision I'm going to have to make in my life whether or not I want to have an abortion.

People have all different circumstances - I was watching a police documentary not so long ago where 2 people broke into a house and the owner chased them and they got into an accident with another vehicle. The house owner was sent to jail for causing the accident, but his wife was pregnant so they had to terminate the pregnancy as the family wouldn't be able to financially survive whilst the guy was in prison, and I just found that so heart-breaking. More to the story than that but just a brief summary. They had obviously planned to have a baby, but their world was turned completely upside down because of that incident.

Don't have unprotected sex if you don't have any plans of keeping the pregnancy when it happens but most people refuse to follow that directives.

It's married couples whom keeping the baby would have a serious challenge for them that should be allowed to do abortion.

Don't have unprotected sex
No birth control method short of not having sex is 100% effective.

Tell you what though: I'm a guy. I don't get a say on the general case of what a woman wants to do with her body - it's *her body*.

That said, I'm also in the camp of 'I don't want kids' so there's minimal chance of the hypothetical 'but what if it were mine'. If it were... as unlikely as that is, if the mother didn't want to carry to term, I like to think I'd respect that because it's her body and her life she'd be putting at risk to make it happen.

Well looks like I’m in the minority here. I’m 100% for abortion before the baby is viable outside the womb.

In my opinion, abortion has huge socioeconomic benefits.
  • Less unwanted kids will end up in the foster system. Taxpayers have to pay for that
  • It helps end the poverty cycle. If a poor teenager gets pregnant, they’re likely to become stuck in the “system so to speak.” We will end up with more educated woman and that will help society and the economy for a long period of time.
  • There are many people who use kids as a way to game the tax system and get huge refunds. Abortion will not put a stop to that, but would reduce it as a byproduct.
  • I don’t even mind for government offering free abortions, because it’s going to cost taxpayers more money later on. Foster system, tax refunds, food stamps, unemployment, etc.

I don't have any disagreements on your points, Matt. You're right about them - I just came from a more basic place of bodily autonomy without getting into the wider practical or sociological effects.

No birth control method short of not having sex is 100% effective.

Tell you what though: I'm a guy. I don't get a say on the general case of what a woman wants to do with her body - it's *her body*.

That said, I'm also in the camp of 'I don't want kids' so there's minimal chance of the hypothetical 'but what if it were mine'. If it were... as unlikely as that is, if the mother didn't want to carry to term, I like to think I'd respect that because it's her body and her life she'd be putting at risk to make it happen.
No sex means nothing to worry about pregnancy or child. But can most men resist not having sex whether they are married or single? It's where the use of protection comes in when having sex. Without it, the chances of getting pregnant is higher.

This is always a tough one to talk about with so many people having their own opinions and also with it being such a delicate subject. I know in the US it is something that is causing a lot of uproar with some places banning it altogether and the debate of women's rights taking center stage again.

I am someone that is against abortion unless under certain circumstances and they are

If the baby is sick and the baby survives and being born and brought into the world would be cruel to do.
If the Mother could potentially end up seriously ill or worse, dying by going through with the pregnancy
If the woman was raped and did not want to keep the baby.

These are all reasons I feel abortion should be allowed and it should be up to the decision of the mother.

These are all reasons I feel abortion should be allowed and it should be up to the decision of the mother.
In the very end, it's the mother that suffers most in carrying the baby, going through labor and giving birth. If you still narrow it down to having an abortion, it's still her that's going to bear all the pains it comes with, so the decision to go ahead or not with it is there's to make.

No sex means nothing to worry about pregnancy or child. But can most men resist not having sex whether they are married or single? It's where the use of protection comes in when having sex. Without it, the chances of getting pregnant is higher.
As long as the lady isn't in her free period when having sex, pregnancy is almost certain. It's why the use of protection to reduce the chances of getting pregnant is very important at that point. Also, you have to worry about STD's as well when you go without protection.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds