Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Play Places

Cory

Community Manager
Community
Team Manager
Website
jcodes.jcink.net
Credits
Did you ever play in 'play places' as a kid? I'm talking about the ones like Chuckie Cheese's, Discovery Zone, McDonald's play place, etc.

I had a blast in these as a child, it felt like an adventure inside the tunnels, ball pits, and slides. I was so joyful when I got to go to these places as a kid.

Oh definitely! It’s something I also want for my kids. We go frequently to places and building that are specially for kids their enjoyment. We usually throw some birthday parties there too and invite their classroom friends.

The town I grew up in didn't have any such thing in the 1980s - not that they're that prevalent now, now that I come to think about it. They don't seem to be so much of a thing in general in the UK.

I see the original Discovery Zone went out of business in 2001, but Chuckie Cheese's still remains pretty popular in my area.

I used to play in play places when I was a kid and I have very fond memories of spending weekend afternoons in a place at the seaside that we used to frequently go to, it was called Fantasy World and it was a huge play area with so much to do, you could literally spend all afternoon in there and your parents would get a break and you would never get bored, in fact, your parents literally had to drag you out when the day was over that is how much fun it was. Unfortunately, the place closed before my kids were born so they never experienced that even though I would have loved for them to do so.

The Discovery Zone was one of my favorite places as a kid! They have reopened I think now and have some locations again, but it was a huge playplace! I also played at Peter Piper's pizza for a few birthdays.

Discovery Zone was right by my house and my grandma bought me a seasonal pass so I went there pretty frequently for a while. I remember once my sister was in town and we went together and I lost her as we were climbing up and I cried and cried. I always remember that, and it's so sad, but overall I LOVED the place. xD

I remember once my sister was in town and we went together and I lost her as we were climbing up and I cried and cried.
There was a little girl screaming at the top of her lungs inside of a play place at Chuckie Cheese's once and my dad went up there and rescued her.

There was a little girl screaming at the top of her lungs inside of a play place at Chuckie Cheese's once and my dad went up there and rescued her.
I've witnessed several times children screaming at the very top of the McDonald's one and Chick Fil A's one and the parents either ignore... or these sweet parents who don't even know that child go up there to help get them down. They can be scary when you're alone, especially if you get high up in them!

I've witnessed several times children screaming at the very top of the McDonald's one and Chick Fil A's one and the parents either ignore... or these sweet parents who don't even know that child go up there to help get them down. They can be scary when you're alone, especially if you get high up in them!
Yeah, there are good parents that can recognize their child is distraught and not-so-good parents that do not pay as much attention to their children as they should.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor