Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

$5,000 to kickstart your ultimate forum

Cedric

Ex-Captain Junkie
Retired Staff
Credits
You wake up one fine morning, rubbing your eyes and pinching yourself to make sure it's not just a dream, and boom! You discover a magical genie has granted your webmaster wishes by gifting you a whopping $5,000 to kickstart your very own forum. Now, it's time to unleash your creative powers and make some epic decisions. So, what's your game plan? Let's dive into this thrilling adventure together and build the ultimate webmaster wonderland!

With your newfound treasure chest, the possibilities are as vast as the internet itself. Will you spend the entire sum on an eye-catching website design that'll make even unicorns blush? Or perhaps you'd like to invest in top-notch hosting and server firepower to ensure a lightning-fast experience for your forum users? Maybe you're a marketing maven and want to allocate a chunk of that budget to spread the word far and wide about your exciting new community. The choice is yours, dear webmasters, so weigh in on how you'd spend your dollars wisely.

With your forum funds primed for action, you must decide where your ultimate forum haven will set sail. Are you drawn to the SEO aspect, where black-hat tactics face off against white-hat strategies? Or are you more into the captivating cosmos of web design and development, where CSS and JavaScript weave digital magic? Maybe you're all about e-commerce, ready to delve into the world of online shopping and secure that digital cash flow. Discuss which niche ignites your passion and where your forum's heart will truly belong.

You're not alone on this epic webmaster adventure! Assemble your dream team from the finest minds in the digital realm. Will you hire a community manager to be the gatekeeper and arbiter of forum harmony? Or perhaps you'll seek out tech gurus to ensure your forum's smooth functioning and sprinkle some tech wizardry across your virtual playground. From moderators to developers, content creators to growth hackers, let's discuss who you'd invite to join your webmaster revolution.

Your forum, your rules! How will you captivate the masses and make them choose your webmaster haven over all the others out there? Would you implement a gamification system with badges, levels, and leaderboard competitions to foster healthy competition and encourage active participation? Or maybe you'll surprise your users with exclusive industry expert AMAs (Ask Me Anything) to bring in valuable insights and ignite captivating discussions. Share your thoughts on the unique features that will make your forum shine like a supernova!

So, fellow webmasters, the time has come to unlock your imagination and share your vision for the ultimate forum with a $5,000 head start. What's your strategy? How will you create a buzzing, engaging community that webmasters can't resist? Buckle up and let the brainstorming begin! :)

$5000 is a lot to receive to create a forum and it would be more than enough to create one with a unique theme, addons for interaction and also for advertising and so much more.

This would be any forum owner's dream to be able to create any forum they wished and make it succeed without worry.

I personally if I woke to find $5000 for a forum suddenly would at first be shocked but then would do all I could to invest that $5000 into the forum I have currently with its own unique theme that was only unique to my forum, to bring in addons as well to make it fun and interactive.

I guess with $5000 it would be enough to set up something where you could reward others with a money incentive, build up the forum, monetize it, and be able to not only help webmasters through it but also help some earn a little extra just by being active.

There is so much I could do with $5000 and a forum and would feel quite overwhelmed with that amount I feel.

If I had $5000 to spend on my ultimate forum, I would first purchase quality hosting with fast speeds. You don't want to cheap out on hosting if you have the means to purchase good hosting. I would then higher someone to work on a custom theme for the forum, and make it stand out above the competition. Once the theme is finished, and the forum is ready to be shown to the public I would hold a posting contest to help bring in some activity, or simply have a community where members can earn points to redeem for prizes or gift cards.

Damn, that's like ~$8000nzd or somethin.
i dunno about slamming the entire lot into my own forum coz that'd be disregarding my core collaborative fundamentals.

Ain't gonna do me no good to pig out, ending up with a bloated forum while ignoring those forum communities i'd hope to encourage reciprocating collaboration efforts.

😄What would they think of someone claiming to be all for inter-forum collab—who then goes full piggy, greedily scoffing this magical $5k.
Wouldn't be a good look aye.

Frankly i'm very likely to spend something approaching that total number in the coming months anyway—however (*as i'm currently formulating a plan of action for) i intend to very publicly spread that coin amongst members/owners of these webmaster forum communities in a way that more or less equally benefits each of us.

Yet for the sake of the OP, i'll play the $5k game as such;

•[···wakes up···] "Woah! Wtf?! Not again. How'd i forget another wad of cash?,... should probably spend that shiz asap before randomly dropping it 'again'."

•[···clickity click click···]

•[···AJs login noises···]

~ a ~ few ~ moments ~ later ~

•Cedric, Shortie, GuyAnthony, Arantor and Reverie are DM bombing me demanding to know why they've each received a flood of 50×1000Credits donations.

•After maybe ~20 mins spent cackling like an idiot i'd finally compose myself enough to sheepishly respond to them with -"yeah of course, i sure am(*crazy) ain't i, lol."

•Now that i'd successfully confused, annoyed &/or pleasantly surprised them—i'd zip over to Promotion Addicts and swiftly cram $500 in Shorties donations, before shooting back here to AJs in order to locate GuyAnthony, Reverie & Arantor's respective boards—thereafter expeditiously dumping $500 at each prior to suddenly vanishing—💥—reappearing back here at AJs,...

...at which point another donation spree gets underway with the last $500 soon manifesting as 50,000Credits in my account.

•At this point Cedric might be thinking André's spontaneous crazy has subsided for the day—😂—but nah,...

...💥 another 50,000Cred donation appears.

🤭

😄Yep, i would indeed do something like that....tbh i'm🤣 struggling not to do it right now just for the hilariousness.

Whatever I would do...I'd make sure to keep enough aside so I could pay my staff for at least 2 years and I'd have a lot of staff to keep things running :) Happy Staff, Happy Forum LOL

1. URL & Forum Software and Hosting. Have enough for that for 3 years at least.
2. Custom Dark & Light theme
3. Custom Christmas theme, Halloween, Summer so I can switch the 3rd theme up.
4. Advertising
5. Set some money aside to gift my staff members.
6. The remainder would likely go into prizes for the community!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds