Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Your inactive community might be your fault...

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
Do you login every day to see your community inactive?

Do you frown and leave?

And repeat on the next day? And so on?

I bet you're wondering what went wrong. Maybe it's you. Maybe your community can't thrive without you leading the pack.

Back when I ran AnotherAdminForum.com, it was most active when I was most active. On the weeks that I became inactive, the forum quickly died off in activity.

I think many community admins tend to go inactive when they see their community going well. They think it will automate itself at that point. And then when things die, they don't understand.

It's you who is often the heart of the community.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Have anything to add?

Advertisement Placeholder
You, as your core provider of content, simply have to continue to create scintillating content. Once you quit, especially if a newer site, you are going to have issues.
The main factor is.. interact with as many of your users posts as you can to extend the content, and create as much niche specific content as you possible can.. especially if it is content that is not found elsewhere... what this means is, if you are a member of a "competing" site... if you create new content on YOUR site.. don't go over to the "dark side" and create similar content at the competing site.. even if you provide references to your site (unless your content is very lean and you tell them to go to your site for more information - which usually results in "admonishment" by the competing site).
Create as much content as YOU are able to within your niche.
Continue doing so regularly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds