Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Your Dream Forum

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I have. For me, it was the general discussion forum I ran from 2009 - 2017. I had built it up so much over the 8 years I had it and envisioned it being one of the bigger general chat forums on the internet but unfortunately due to the hosting increasing like it did and me not making too much from it at the time, I had to let it go in 2017. I would like to bring it back again at some point though if I ever have the funds and also the time to devote to it.

I have a few ideas in the melting point but it's a case of having the time to really devote to it - I don't have the time like I used to.

I'm also torn in that one of the things kicking around is almost more a blog than a forum and I think trying to mash it into a forum format might be awkward, but we'll see. Going to let things reset over the Christmas period and see how I feel about things in 2023.

A forum that just has a bunch of active posts, threads, and people getting along. I want a forum where it's not too big a pain to moderate too, but the bigger the more likely you are to have to spend time modding threads and handling reports. I am of the opinion that rules shouldn't be strict as it takes the fun out of posting on a forum. I just want a mod and admin team who are relaxed and don't take it too seriously.

As far as way back in the day I wanted to be one of those webmasters or forum owners who also ran a successful or semi-successful Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons forum. That dream slightly did come true, but due to things I shut that forum down. I do not think that the forum in today's world would take off, sadly.

Right now my dream is to get FAF (Forum Admin Forum) like it was during the best days of AAF (Another Admin Forum). That's my dream. It would be in the smaller-to-medium-small sized active forum. Not too many members, not too few, but great daily discussions and new content.

It's getting there. It's brought back memories. It's been really fun!

I'd also like to have a great hiking forum. I have a good one but my pivot it to focus more on local hiking since a majority of its userbase is local.

Those two forums would be all I'd want to focus on.

Have you ever envisioned a forum you’d love to create and it would thrive but possibly never had the motivation, resources, or time to devote to such a project?

What type of niche did you envision and how did you envision accomplishing your dream forum?
I think that I have mentioned something about this in another thread but I'm still going to say it again. My dream forum is exactly what you have with The Forum Wheel. If it's possible to buy the forum from the owner, I wouldn't mind and I have even tried doing it with no progress. Posting Bay created something similar but that one too have faded off now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds