Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Your bad habits?

Cedric

Ex-Captain Junkie
Retired Staff
What bad habits do you have that you'd like to get rid of ?

I smoke cigarettes. Have been smoking for over 12 years and it's something that I would like to get rid of at one point in my life.

I just have the bad habit of not putting any trust in people to build friendships or a relationship. I've looked down upon humanity ever since I was bullied in school from time to time. I go through phases where it's sometimes worse and sometimes non-existent.

I just have the bad habit of not putting any trust in people to build friendships or a relationship. I've looked down upon humanity ever since I was bullied in school from time to time. I go through phases where it's sometimes worse and sometimes non-existent.
I’ve been bullied before and been a bully myself when I was young and went to school. It’s not nice and can often leave scars in later life. Hope you can get over it at some point of your life.

One of my bad habits is not always asking for help when I need it. So many people have told me I should always ask for help when I need it but I guess when I was growing up and seeing how my mother was and how she would always try to push through instead of asking is where I got my bad habit from.

I’ve been bullied before and been a bully myself when I was young and went to school. It’s not nice and can often leave scars in later life. Hope you can get over it at some point of your life.
Oh, I think I'm over the actual bullying for the most part, but the scars remain where I never have put much faith in humanity ever since then. I know adulthood is a lot different than school, but there are still people that are jerks, untrustworthy, or just overall not very good people. It's sometimes hard to sort out the good form the bad.

I used to be a womaniser and I was very good at it. It's not something that I'm proud of now because it feels disgusting to me right now when I look back at the life I had led. I have dropped the old habit and I'm very happy with the man I have become.

I used to be a womaniser and I was very good at it. It's not something that I'm proud of now because it feels disgusting to me right now when I look back at the life I had led. I have dropped the old habit and I'm very happy with the man I have become.

Going out with a lot of women is what I see kids do. It is not something to be proud of. However, I am of the opinion that having different options is also not a bad idea.

Going out with a lot of women is what I see kids do. It is not something to be proud of. However, I am of the opinion that having different options is also not a bad idea.
How's having different options different from going out with a lot of woman? They both feel like the same thing with me because that's exactly what I used to do in the past.

How's having different options different from going out with a lot of woman? They both feel like the same thing with me because that's exactly what I used to do in the past.

I understand and that is why I said it is not entirely a bad idea. The challenge is whether you are going to have an amazing time and if yes, then it is worth it at that particular moment.

I understand and that is why I said it is not entirely a bad idea. The challenge is whether you are going to have an amazing time and if yes, then it is worth it at that particular moment.
A good time? Yes, I did always back then. It was why I was very much hooked up into doing it often and on. But I grew up and realised that it's not a good way to live my life.

My worst habit is talking myself out of things. Second worst habit is not being daring enough, I have notebooks and wikis full of ideas that I was never brave enough to try making real, and would always find reasons not to.

My worst habit is talking myself out of things. Second worst habit is not being daring enough, I have notebooks and wikis full of ideas that I was never brave enough to try making real, and would always find reasons not to.
What are some of the best ideas on that?

Prime example. A friend of mine over the Christmas break was noodling around that he wants to get back into forums. He was doing it years ago - before me - and he misses working on forums. Like me, he spent time playing around building things to help forums rather than running the forums themselves.

He was talking about doing a whole new forum software, and I'm intrigued, but what he's got in mind is really... more of what we already have.

Now, I have ideas. I have ideas that if I could pull them off, would probably shake the foundations of the forum world in some way because they are quite radical, quite out there - dig back in the forums on simplemachines.org and wedge.org and you'll find me suggesting ideas 10 years ago that no-one was doing then but are now common-place.

But I don't have the guts to give it a go because I'm afraid that it'll end up being a thing no-one wants. I'm scared it's too distant from the classical forum crowd to appeal to the forum folk, and too unlike the other things to draw the non-forum folk in.

But I have ideas. I have some vague screen mockups - and I even have someone who would help me do it, if only I weren't so unsure of myself after being bitten multiple times with the whole forum thing.

Prime example. A friend of mine over the Christmas break was noodling around that he wants to get back into forums. He was doing it years ago - before me - and he misses working on forums. Like me, he spent time playing around building things to help forums rather than running the forums themselves.

He was talking about doing a whole new forum software, and I'm intrigued, but what he's got in mind is really... more of what we already have.

Now, I have ideas. I have ideas that if I could pull them off, would probably shake the foundations of the forum world in some way because they are quite radical, quite out there - dig back in the forums on simplemachines.org and wedge.org and you'll find me suggesting ideas 10 years ago that no-one was doing then but are now common-place.

But I don't have the guts to give it a go because I'm afraid that it'll end up being a thing no-one wants. I'm scared it's too distant from the classical forum crowd to appeal to the forum folk, and too unlike the other things to draw the non-forum folk in.

But I have ideas. I have some vague screen mockups - and I even have someone who would help me do it, if only I weren't so unsure of myself after being bitten multiple times with the whole forum thing.
I'd really love to hear more about it. Could be a PM or Discord chat if you don't want publicly.

Maybe. I'm really not sure yet, and the more I think about it, the more unsure I actually get about whether it's worth it (see elsewhere comments on reminiscing and regrets), especially when I have rediscovered something of a spark in StoryBB to be going on with.

Maybe. I'm really not sure yet, and the more I think about it, the more unsure I actually get about whether it's worth it (see elsewhere comments on reminiscing and regrets), especially when I have rediscovered something of a spark in StoryBB to be going on with.
2023 is not a time to be unsure, my friend. If there's anything on your mind, just go with it. There is a need of something new and innovative. If you think you have an idea to do that, the rest will follow. Talking to the right people to get your on track, be confident about what you have and don't look back.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds