Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Yahoo Stream Ads - Are They Getting Back Into Paid Search?

OhioTom76

Credits
Three years ago, Yahoo replaced it's own PPC platform, "Panama", with Microsoft's AdCenter platform, now known as Bing Ads. It was a win for both sides in many ways - Microsoft's PPC platform only had single digit market share and was in a distant third place to Google and Yahoo. On the other hand, Yahoo's platform was terrible and buggy - they didn't have the in-house talent to build a good PPC platform.

However, this agreement was set to expire earlier this year, yet they renewed it for one more year. However it appears Yahoo is trying to get out of the deal. In the meantime they have also launched a new ad service called Yahoo Stream Ads.

I've not personally used Yahoo Stream Ads, but after initially looking through the sales pitch for them, they look a lot like their previous "Paid Inclusion" program, where you could pay for your ads to show up in their organic search results.

Are any of you currently using this? I would be interested to hear your experiences with it and learn more about how it works. The CPC's are really low on it, from what I've read so far. I believe in the initial launch, everything was a fixed price at 5 cents, but now I think everything is still under $2 per click.

Advertisement Placeholder
Problem with Yahoo, and eventually with Microsoft PPC platform is that their efforts could be a good alternative to Google Adsense even if the CPC would be low, but they were always afraid to step into the global market.

Both Yahoo and Microsoft always limited their advertising programs to U.S. residents and probably if Yahoo stream ads are back, the same policy will apply.

While America is the big consumer the whole world targets to, there are many publishers in all the countries around the world that devote their efforts to make full websites in English language, their premise is the U.S. market and what they offer is aimed to an American audience mainly, but because the are not physically located in the United States, Yahoo and Microsoft decided to turn down their applications to join their ad networks, while Google Adsense accepted them.

This was and will always be the big strategy mistake of Yahoo and despite AdSense is in decline due to low conversion rates they pay -- if they ever pay --- they will continue dominating the advertising market.

There is a good paying ad network, but once again, they only accept U.S. based publishers, hence the reason very few of them know about it; 7search.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds