Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

XenForo Lawsuit is Finally Over!

Advertisement Placeholder
vB suck, no innovation; jealous of XFs mad skillz. If vB was a person, I'd hit him right in the nose. C'mon XF!

Off topic: Changed the topic title, because it was misleading.

On Topic: I do give them props for being able to survive this lawsuit, but it really doesn't excite me. Xenforo is an alright software, and I'm glad they survived because the more competition the better.

vB suck, no innovation; jealous of XFs mad skillz. If vB was a person, I'd hit him right in the nose. C'mon XF!

The recent mistakes on the development of vbulletin 5 is very noticeable, but every business makes mistakes; You might have heard of this company "Apple" or "Microsoft" who has made a few mistakes in the past year. Not to mention, developing a perfect product for release is very hard. So, do you really think that vB should be so looked down upon?

How fast people are to "damn" a company because of a couple of mistakes really concerns me, because everything is flawed in some way. Also, supporting a product is awesome but the way I've seen users talk about Xenforo... has this very noticeable "fanboy" vibe; Which normally doesn't bother me, but people talk about it so highly that it really puts my panties in a bunch.

Xenforo, in my opinion, isn't as great as everyone claims it to be; the admin panel is terribly laid out, and a person who is first introduced to it... will probably have problems. Even I, a person who has had as many years experience behind forums, struggled a bit when being introduced to it; the "node" thing had to be the weirdest part about Xenforo... I really don't understand why they didn't stick to the normal terms. Also, out of the forum softwares that install addons automatically Xenforo has to be one of the slowest.

I'm not saying you shouldn't support a product, but consider its flaws if you're going to and don't act like it's not flawed.

Just my thoughts...

Blasphemy! (Jk)
I like a good ol' vB forum the same as the next guy, but any "big" company who lashes out at a small developing company immediately loses a lot of my respect. For me XF is my favorite forum software as as a beginner in web administration it didn't look so daunting and complicated, while on the other hand vBs layout and look always made me feel intimidated. xF might not be a better forum software technically speaking, but in my books it gives the user a far better experience.

Le fin.

Yay! Finally. I actually thought VB might take this one. It's great that the Xenforo team will be able to get back to developing their software- they've had way too few updates.

I love how the new topic title is only one word off of the one on Invision Power's site.
On Topic: Competition isn't a bad thing, I'm glad that XenForo is back (maybe IP.Board will end up competiting, I dunno.)

I figured they would have won it, it was almost the same type of thing with Bethesda suing Mojang for the game "Scrolls" Saying XF Copied VB is saying that Pepsi copied coke. It's simply competition, most products in the same niche (In this case Forum Software) Will ALWAYS have it's similarities. Because some VB staff left the outdated, poorly made, and terrible software (In my opinion) doesn't mean they copied them. They were just tired of being held down and made a better software.

Now that this dispute is over though, I highly think XenForo's popularity will skyrocket. I know several people refused to make themes, plugins, ect. For Xenforo as they feared it may get shut down, now that they are official fully able to be up without any fear of shutting down I feel more people will both buy, and create content for XenForo. I am a huge supporter of XenForo.

I figured they would have won it, it was almost the same type of thing with Bethesda suing Mojang for the game "Scrolls" Saying XF Copied VB is saying that Pepsi copied coke. It's simply competition, most products in the same niche (In this case Forum Software) Will ALWAYS have it's similarities. Because some VB staff left the outdated, poorly made, and terrible software (In my opinion) doesn't mean they copied them. They were just tired of being held down and made a better software.

Now that this dispute is over though, I highly think XenForo's popularity will skyrocket. I know several people refused to make themes, plugins, ect. For Xenforo as they feared it may get shut down, now that they are official fully able to be up without any fear of shutting down I feel more people will both buy, and create content for XenForo. I am a huge supporter of XenForo.

Well we don't know the exact terms. They are being held confidential. So for all we know, vB might have won after all in some way or another. For example, for all we know XenForo might have to make percentages of payments from their profit to vB. Kinda sucks that they are not releasing the planned deal.

Well we don't know the exact terms. They are being held confidential. So for all we know, vB might have won after all in some way or another. For example, for all we know XenForo might have to make percentages of payments from their profit to vB. Kinda sucks that they are not releasing the planned deal.
Yeah, which could up the prices in the long run :O *goes and buys 20 licenses*.

In all seriousness, I do wish they released it, but they stated they held a silence agreement of something along that matter so they cannot. It's obvious though that VB didn't win the whole thing, or XF would not be up. So that's all that matters in my book.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds