Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Writers Strike

Credits
There is actively a writing strike due to labor and lack of pay going on. Many shows are currently on a pause due to this.

Some of the shows impacted are Abbott Elementary, Stranger Things, Late Night Talk Shows such as the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Handmaid's Tale, The Last of Us, Daredevil: Born Again, Wonder Man, Severance, Andor, and more.

Twin Brothers Matt and Ross Duffer stated this on their Twitter regarding Stranger Things [the show they write for], “Duffers here. Writing does not stop when filming begins. While we’re excited to start production with our amazing cast and crew, it is not possible during this strike,”...“We hope a fair deal is reached soon so we can all get back to work. Until then -- over and out. #wgastrong.”

Firstly I'm sad they are having to fight for the pay they deserve, but I'm also sad we don't get these incredible stories either :(

Advertisement Placeholder
When I googled it "$60,000 to $70,000" a year. It can vary though on the network, the genre, the experience of the writer. TV show writers can also earn per episode and that ranges 18,000 to 40,000 a 30-min or 60-min episode.

Also have to think of the cost of living in Hollywood as home/rent is outrageous there as well. I hear though that they want an increase and more health benefits. I definitely agree with health benefits because we all need better health benefits.

They do seem quite underpaid for the region that they need to level in. I have seen a lot of posts about them not deserving higher pay due to the poor content we have been getting from these shows, but I never understood why people believe that keeping a career underpaid will make it improve.

It's a shame that these writers barely get paid enough for the hard work they are expected to do. It also sucks that a lot of good shows are on hiatus at this moment because of the strike, but maybe once these executives see that they're losing money they'll come to their senses. Sadly I have a bad feeling that they're going to rely on ChatGPT or other AI to start writing scripts. If that's the case you know the writing is going to be terrible though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds