Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you work for a boss who happens to be your relative?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
A lot of people tend to work jobs with family, especially if it comes to a family run business. But lets say you're hired to a job, and it happens that one of your family members is the boss. Would you want to work for a relative like that? Or would you rather not work with a boss who is related to you?

I think it depends a lot on who the boss is. Is it a cousin, an uncle or your father? I imagine working for my father wouldn't be as easy as he'd want more from me. But a cousin for example might not be as tough. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't see any big deal with working for someone that is my relative as long as you know your boundary. I will always want a situation where I am working and we have some business relationship that doesn't have to go beyond talking about our relationship as relatives. I won't want it to go to that level at all.

Well, I have worked for my relative. I have not only managed my relative's business but also worked in a company where he was the boss. I had a pretty good experience working with my relative, he never complained and I was always diligent on my work.

I don't see any big deal with working for someone that is my relative as long as you know your boundary. I will always want a situation where I am working and we have some business relationship that doesn't have to go beyond talking about our relationship as relatives. I won't want it to go to that level at all.

There are many people who work for their relatives and there is no problem with that. The fact of the matter remains that working for relatives is what many people would prefer. As long as they are doing their job in the right manner, I do not think that there should be any problem with that.

Anyways, it depends on my relationship and how close i am to such relative.
If he is someone i can work with, i see no reason why i can't work with him, so far i will my percentage as a worker or staff and i will deliver good attitude at work

Anyways, it depends on my relationship and how close i am to such relative.
If he is someone i can work with, i see no reason why i can't work with him, so far i will my percentage as a worker or staff and i will deliver good attitude at work

Your attitude at work should be the key thing. You don't want to make a mess of the whole thing that you are doing at work. So, it is necessary to have a great experience working for your uncle rather than just act like you don't care once you are employed. So, the point is as long as you do your best at the workplace for your uncle or family member, no one is going to complain.

I don't see anything wrong with working for someone who is your relative. The most important thing is for the person to treat you with respect and also pay you your salary when they are due. Any other kind of relationship that you people have shouldn't have or cause a friction between both of you. If you're willing to work for him, he should be willing to pay you whenever it's time to be paid.

I can work for any of my relatives, my uncles, distant cousins and blood relations without any problems. If they can pay me for my work, it's the only thing I'm interested in. It's when they start trying to use blood relationship to manipulate me that I wouldn't agree.

Your attitude at work should be the key thing. You don't want to make a mess of the whole thing that you are doing at work. So, it is necessary to have a great experience working for your uncle rather than just act like you don't care once you are employed. So, the point is as long as you do your best at the workplace for your uncle or family member, no one is going to complain.

It is very wrong for someone to be employed by any business establishment without having knowledge, experience as well as the skills to be able to deliver on the job. There is nothing that person is going to be doing in that business that will be a positive contribution.

This is something I will never be interested in doing in my own business no matter the kind of relationship I have with the person, he's never getting hired without experience, skills and knowledge.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds