Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you start a new forum with SMF?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used SMF for a new forum I built. Mainly it's because my satellite connection doesn't allow for FTP uploading, only cPanel. However, my hosting doesn't have cPanel. In that case, the mod and theme uploaders in SMF are essential. However, though, I could have also went with bbPress (WordPress) which also has them.

Based on my experience, I find that SMF is as good as premium software like Xenforo. If you do not want to use any premium forum software, I believe you should certainly use SMF. If I decide on a new forum and if I am on a limited budget, I will certainly try SMF

Of all the free software script openings, SMF was probably the best as far as being somewhat recent on its looks and interface.
I used it a short while on a site which was then converted to a spare XF license I had. I then sold that site to a friend and he has kept it on XF 2.2.15.
I am still debating whether to bring my servinglinux.com domain up on SMF or something like WordPress.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds