Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you sell your company to a competitor?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Would you ever sell a company you started to a competitor? I think it would have to depend on the price I would get. I don't mind selling a company so long as I'm paid fairy for it. If a big company took over your niche, would you attempt to sell your company to them? Of course that is only if this new company affects your business. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Would you ever sell a company you started to a competitor? I think it would have to depend on the price I would get. I don't mind selling a company so long as I'm paid fairy for it. If a big company took over your niche, would you attempt to sell your company to them? Of course that is only if this new company affects your business. What do you think?
First, I would see if they were interested in helping my own company out, or going into business WITH them. Sometimes a business likes your product(s) and may be willing to strike up a deal with you.
But if the biz is failing already and you see no hope in reviving it, then sure.
I would sell.. and hopefully make a good profit.

I would not sell my company immediately, especially if I think that there is a lots of room for improve in the first place. Selling a company is not a small decision in the first place. You have to possibly consider many different things before you do that. It might be possible that you may be able to develop your company even more if you never sell it.

A friend of my wife's had a fairly successful craft store business online. She and her husband were running it but they started not making as many sales in 2020 and decided to sell it last year to one of the bigger/larger craft stores. I can't remember which one it was. They made good money from the sale. They basically just bought the customers and access to them.

A friend of my wife's had a fairly successful craft store business online. She and her husband were running it but they started not making as many sales in 2020 and decided to sell it last year to one of the bigger/larger craft stores. I can't remember which one it was. They made good money from the sale. They basically just bought the customers and access to them.

I think that they were probably not able to increase their sales due to pandemic. During pandemic, many people stopped spending money on luxurious items such as arts and crafts. This is why stores involving products related to arts and crafts started to face low sales at that time.

The only way I am going to be willing to sell my business to a competitor is when it is very obvious that I cannot keep up with the competition and me trying to force it, is going to result in losing a lot of money in the process instead of making profit.

The only way I am going to be willing to sell my business to a competitor is when it is very obvious that I cannot keep up with the competition and me trying to force it, is going to result in losing a lot of money in the process instead of making profit.

There are certainly many businesses out there that refuse to sell their business to competitors and they would like to remain in the market and tend to deal with the competition. They may or may never gain success depending on their efforts and how hard they work to stay in the market.

There are certainly many businesses out there that refuse to sell their business to competitors and they would like to remain in the market and tend to deal with the competition. They may or may never gain success depending on their efforts and how hard they work to stay in the market.
Well everything depends on the relationship you have with your competitor, as you say there will be many owners who will never sell their business to the competition, while others can do it without problems, also everything depends on the offer they make you, if you are willing to leave the business, if you have debts and a long etcetera, each business is a world, and every owner has their own problems and challenges.

I do not have any strong rules for not selling my company to competitors. It all depends on how my business is performing and how much money I am being offered. I might sell my company if my business is not doing well, and I might sell my company if I am being offered really good money, and I might also sell the company if I am no longer interested in the business.

When it is very obvious that I don't have the capacity to sustain the competition with my rival in the market, I don't see any reason why I should drag it out for too long because in the end, I will end up being the one that is losing. This is why I am going to consider selling my business at a high price for them and move over to another project.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds