Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Would you run a dating site?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
There's no denying the fact that dating sites gets a lot of activities because a lot of people are looking for ways to get connected online and probably start a relationship. Do you see it as something feasible for you to do in setting up a site like Tinder that's going to offer such services. Users will definitely have to pay for subscription to have full access which is how you make money from it.

Anything is possible if you got a large social media following. Nonetheless, that's not something I'd be into. Anyway, it is a good niche, cause it will always be in demand, kind of like employment.

I wouldn't want to own a dating site, let alone any sort of adult site either. Sure you could possibly earn some good money, but you'll need to hire other people to help out with the upkeep and I would imagine there would need to be some sort of moderation on such a site. Anyone wanting to own a site like this would need some sort of education on owning a business.

I can't see myself wanting to run a dating website. I think with the right features it would semi run itself though honestly. Basically it would need a good searching system [People between this age and this age] [Male, Female, Non-Binary] [Sexuality - and have them listed]

It would need people to moderate profile accounts and make sure they are not inappropriate.

What drove me crazy about dating sites were the people with a bit.... suggestive profile pictures. I could tell they weren't there for dating... so also perhaps a category for people "What are you looking for?" so it is apparent to all - but even on some sites that have that users don't truly use it.

I've used a dating site that had quizzes to kind of get to know the users to show compatibility. I think an optional quizzing system would be kinda good as well.

Of course they are great ideas - premium membership could be able to use more features.... I just can't see myself being the one to run a dating site.

I had an idea a quite a few years back for a dating site where you'd match with somebody but you wouldn't be able to see their picture until you'd exchanged a few messages. In the beginning you'd see a pixelated version of their photo and it would slowly unpixelate as conversation carried on. The idea being that other dating apps at the time (mainly Tinder) seemed to prioritise appearance with the swipe left/right on photos mechanic, so I was going to try something completely the opposite. Needless to say the idea fizzled out and I never got beyond a simple prototype for the image reveal.

Part of me thinks yes I would run a dating site if the idea was right but in reality I think there's much more interesting projects (to me) that I could be involved in.

I had an idea a quite a few years back for a dating site where you'd match with somebody but you wouldn't be able to see their picture until you'd exchanged a few messages. In the beginning you'd see a pixelated version of their photo and it would slowly unpixelate as conversation carried on. The idea being that other dating apps at the time (mainly Tinder) seemed to prioritise appearance with the swipe left/right on photos mechanic, so I was going to try something completely the opposite. Needless to say the idea fizzled out and I never got beyond a simple prototype for the image reveal.

Part of me thinks yes I would run a dating site if the idea was right but in reality I think there's much more interesting projects (to me) that I could be involved in.
That does sound interesting but I wonder, do people not prioritize appearance? I assume they do and I would probably too if I’m being honest. As the eye wants something too and you need to feel attracted to the person too. If that person is not your taste, the messages would mean next to nothing for some people. Probably most people. I do think you could gain a few friendships though.

Oh for sure, I agree there has to be at least some physical attraction too but I think you can make meaningful connections and then the physical attraction comes later. But really that idea was just about trying something totally the opposite to what was around at the time 😅 I don't actually think people would like it - which is probably why I gave up.

Oh for sure, I agree there has to be at least some physical attraction too but I think you can make meaningful connections and then the physical attraction comes later. But really that idea was just about trying something totally the opposite to what was around at the time 😅 I don't actually think people would like it - which is probably why I gave up.
Hey, you never know it may just be the thing we all crave for. :D

@Jamie I think that's a really cool idea! I think as long as some physical attributes could be still shown/listed such as eye color, height, ethnicity, body type (slender, athletic, plus size, etc) I think it would work. Not everyone is attracted to everyone, and that's okay, but if you could filter through some of those items that are big deals to you, then you'd find someone who maybe isn't your typical type, but still, you'd be willing to date them.

Would I run a dating site?
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

You are talking about a massively saturated market. In that case, like pretty much everything these days, you would need a huge following and/or a lot of advertising. I'd stick with the following at least, cause, at least, it would make you feel like you accomplished something if things go bad.

Yeah, sure. I wouldn't mind trying it out and running one myself.

I personally find that stuff pretty entertaining lol. 😂

No. It'd be a nightmare to moderate and everything. You'd have to deal with scams and scammers too. I don't think a dating app/website would be worth doing unless you are willing to moderate it and get help doing so.
It would need people to moderate profile accounts and make sure they are not inappropriate.
Yeah, exactly. You'd probably need a staff on hand 24/7 to moderate profile accounts, images, etc.

No. It'd be a nightmare to moderate and everything. You'd have to deal with scams and scammers too. I don't think a dating app/website would be worth doing unless you are willing to moderate it and get help doing so.

Yeah, exactly. You'd probably need a staff on hand 24/7 to moderate profile accounts, images, etc.
Yessss! Nightmare and a half. I hadn’t even considered the scammers they would likely have too!

No way, I never dated anyone and I have no clue about the best relationships by any means. I mean I hear people where there are BF or GF problems and at times I do not know what the best advice would be or I end up saying nothing. Then again I'm not into those things by anymeans. It's not something that I do a forum about ;P

Absolutely not, even if you paid me to.

Far too much responsibility, and everyone would start asking me for dating advice, which I'm completely unqualified to give.

Hell no. Besides, why bother? There's a hundred different apps and websites for that kind of thing already.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds