Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you require paid travel?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
Some businesses require their employees to travel.

Coming from an employee standpoint, would you require the company to pay the costs or would you prefer it to be out of pocket?

If you own a business that requires your workers to travel, do you cover the cost for them?

Advertisement Placeholder
If it requires them to travel, I'll have to handle the costs or provide the allowances in their renumeration. So long as I know they're working for me and the good of the business.

If the paid travel is going to provide more opportunities and income to the market why not then? Anything that would help the market whether it’s paid travel or not, I’m in.

There is no right to be paid for time spent travelling to and from work unless this is specifically set out within the contract. The only time you would normally look at making a payment or some contribution towards travel to and from work is if you require your employee to work at a different location from usual

If it requires them to travel, I'll have to handle the costs or provide the allowances in their renumeration. So long as I know they're working for me and the good of the business.
Yes that just the fact, what I noticed is that in as much as you are aware that they are working for you then there is nothing to bother about, that is the fact.

There is no right to be paid for time spent travelling to and from work unless this is specifically set out within the contract. The only time you would normally look at making a payment or some contribution towards travel to and from work is if you require your employee to work at a different location from usual
If these guys aren't travelling of their own volition, you'll definitely have to compensate them or reimburse in one way or the other else you'll be the one doing the travelling yourself.

Coming from an employee standpoint, would you require the company to pay the costs or would you prefer it to be out of pocket?

If you own a business that requires your workers to travel, do you cover the cost for them?
I understnad your point of view , for example is an employee is travelling on a course for the betterment of himself and the company , the company should pay the cost and sometimes , they slashed the money in half .

In any standard company their must be traveling allowance,this will be given by the company,not from the staff that is traveling.
If company refuse to engage in that idea very soon the company will have problem in terms of logistics.

Last edited:
If I am travelling in respect to something that concerns the company then I expect that my transportation should be covered by them as well. If I am going on my own personal trip then that is something different.

It really depends on the particular situation on ground , for example if the travelling has something to do with the company future , then i will foot the bill but if its a personal I , then i might decide to Pay of the bill

This is a no brainier for me, if it is concerning the company assignments and things that needed to be done then the company should foot their bill, but if it something for myself then I would foot the bill

I don't own a business myself where I have employers at the moment but if I did, I would make it so that my business covered the fees for travel if it was needed. This is because I have always been for businesses covering the costs of travel if their employers need it. If I need the employers in I would hate for a travel fee to get in the way because they couldn't afford it, it only seems right to pay the fee.

I think business owners should cover the costs because they want there employees to travel and this is for their own business, if not they can pay them back as much as they spent.

If it requires them to travel for the growth of the company, I'll have to handle the costs and also pay for the accommodation and feeding during their stay. So long as I know they're working for me and the good of the business.

If it requires them to travel for the growth of the company, I'll have to handle the costs and also pay for the accommodation and feeding during their stay. So long as I know they're working for me and the good of the business.
I believe this is what every responsible organization ought to do, as this would greatly improve your business and add more profit to your pocket, so it is a win win situation.

As the owner of the organisation, if your workers are requires to travel for a meeting , seminar or course for the purpose of the organisation , its your duty and position to fund the journey .

As the owner of the organisation, if your workers are requires to travel for a meeting , seminar or course for the purpose of the organisation , its your duty and position to fund the journey .

I think that it is certainly the duty of the company or the organisation to bear all the expenses. It does not make any sense for the employees to bear the expenses of the journey,.

If i work for a company that requires me to travel for work, i would expect them to take care of the travel cost. If i also own a company that requires my employees to travel, i would definitely cover the transport cost.

If i work for a company that requires me to travel for work, i would expect them to take care of the travel cost. If i also own a company that requires my employees to travel, i would definitely cover the transport cost.

Obviously, this is true. However, there are many companies in here that do not care about that at all. Some food delivery services require the employee to have their own vehicle and money when it comes to dealing with expenses related to fuel.

Obviously, this is true. However, there are many companies in here that do not care about that at all. Some food delivery services require the employee to have their own vehicle and money when it comes to dealing with expenses related to fuel.
That's really mean. Food delivery services are supposed to provide a vehicle for their employees, sort out every expenses related to fuel and still pay their employees their full salaries.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds