Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you prefer to buy or to start your forum from scratch?

Credits
How do you usually prefer to go about starting your forum management project? Do you like to start designing your forum from the scratch till everything is ready or do you like to buy an already set up forum by another person? Some webmaster buy from Flippa. It's one of the best places to buy forums.

Advertisement Placeholder
Currently, I am running three forums, I built two forums from scratch and bought one forum. Even though I like building my own forum because it is easy and fun, sometimes I also consider buying forums if I can find them for cheap and if I am interested in the niche. By the way, I also like selling the forums I built. So far, I have sold one forum.

Currently, I am running three forums, I built two forums from scratch and bought one forum. Even though I like building my own forum because it is easy and fun, sometimes I also consider buying forums if I can find them for cheap and if I am interested in the niche. By the way, I also like selling the forums I built. So far, I have sold one forum.

I actually know a lot of people who are into the business of buying forums, growing it to a particular extent and selling it for a higher price more than what they bought it for. I believe it is a very good business for them to be doing it which is why I'm seeing more people into it.

I actually know a lot of people who are into the business of buying forums, growing it to a particular extent and selling it for a higher price more than what they bought it for. I believe it is a very good business for them to be doing it which is why I'm seeing more people into it.
Buying and selling forums can indeed be a lucrative business for those who have the skills and knowledge to grow and monetize online communities. By acquiring an existing forum, they can leverage its established user base, content, and reputation to drive growth and generate revenue through advertising, sponsorships, or premium memberships.

Buying and selling forums can indeed be a lucrative business for those who have the skills and knowledge to grow and monetize online communities. By acquiring an existing forum, they can leverage its established user base, content, and reputation to drive growth and generate revenue through advertising, sponsorships, or premium memberships.

I know someone who is currently into doing both of them when it comes to buying and selling website and also growing a website from the scratch and selling it when it's riped. I can see that it is a very good business for him because he's always in constant need to purchase new website.

I prefer to buy or use forum software that already gives me the tools I need to run a forum. I don't like the idea of coding and starting my own forum from scratch. I've worked on a forum that was built from scratch, and it was the most bare bones forum software I ever used. So if I can, I'll use an actual forum software instead and go from there.

I prefer to buy or use forum software that already gives me the tools I need to run a forum. I don't like the idea of coding and starting my own forum from scratch. I've worked on a forum that was built from scratch, and it was the most bare bones forum software I ever used. So if I can, I'll use an actual forum software instead and go from there.

I believe that this is particularly the reason why the forum software Xenforo has become one of the most used forum software in the world today because they offer a lot of features that makes it very effective for forum owners to get exactly what they are looking for using it to set up their forum.

Starting coding from the scratch is difficult task I wouldn't want to put myself through the stress. There some people who might find it easier but I'm not among those group of people. Xenforo, Invision Community and WordPress are more than capable of helping build a forum. I can't buy an already built forum, I won't have strong connection to it.

Starting coding from the scratch is difficult task I wouldn't want to put myself through the stress. There some people who might find it easier but I'm not among those group of people. Xenforo, Invision Community and WordPress are more than capable of helping build a forum. I can't buy an already built forum, I won't have strong connection to it.

Xenforo is my favourite forum software among the three you have mentioned. I have worked on forums that make use of the Invision Community forum software and blogs that used WordPress, I felt more comfortable with forums with Xenforo. As for not being able to buy an already built forum, I won't mind doing it for business purposes. I know a lot of people doing it. I have a client I'm working who owns 16 forums now. He's in the business of buying, growing and selling forums.

Xenforo is my favourite forum software among the three you have mentioned. I have worked on forums that make use of the Invision Community forum software and blogs that used WordPress, I felt more comfortable with forums with Xenforo. As for not being able to buy an already built forum, I won't mind doing it for business purposes. I know a lot of people doing it. I have a client I'm working who owns 16 forums now. He's in the business of buying, growing and selling forums.
One person owning 16 forums is a lot but since it's just a business for him which me buys and sell because I don't think he would have the time to build them right from scratch. I can say that with how he's going with the business, he's making a lot of sales for him to keep buying up to those numbers.

One person owning 16 forums is a lot but since it's just a business for him which me buys and sell because I don't think he would have the time to build them right from scratch. I can say that with how he's going with the business, he's making a lot of sales for him to keep buying up to those numbers.

It used to be more than 16 forums before when I started working with him. It was as things kept going, he kept on selling them one by one. Once he's sold any, he will update me to no longer work on the forum for him as he's transfered ownership to another. We are still working together till today.

I believe it is best to start your forum from scratch the reason being at that beginning point you know who are your active, diligent, dedicated, and ghost members. Starting from scratch would give you a sense and ability to know how to approach your members without having to set or step on anybody's toes or unknowingly

I believe it is best to start your forum from scratch the reason being at that beginning point you know who are your active, diligent, dedicated, and ghost members. Starting from scratch would give you a sense and ability to know how to approach your members without having to set or step on anybody's toes or unknowingly
You will have a chance to mold your forum image right the scratch into the final piece on how you want it to be. This is why many forum owner choose to start their forum from scratch. I would like to start mine from scratch too.

I like building forums from scratch. The goal of every forum that I have started is different. I remembered some years back when I had a sports forum that give members the opportunity to talk about different sports, I built it from scratch before selling it off when we have 797 members and a lot of threads and posts.

So, knowing what you want with each forum is a factor to key in as well.

I like starting from scratch because I feel it's more of my own work and my own dedication put into it. Plus, I don't want to spend money on purchasing someone else's forum because that's money I could be spending on other things and I may turn a lot of members away if I completely changed the original vision of their forum.

How do you usually prefer to go about starting your forum management project? Do you like to start designing your forum from the scratch till everything is ready or do you like to buy an already set up forum by another person? Some webmaster buy from Flippa. It's one of the best places to buy forums.

I think that I would have no problem buying an already established forum. An old forum may have enough traffic. In case if I start a new forum, then I would have to start things from scratch and this could be a hard job. However, already established forums are not that cheap at all.

I think that I would have no problem buying an already established forum. An old forum may have enough traffic. In case if I start a new forum, then I would have to start things from scratch and this could be a hard job. However, already established forums are not that cheap at all.

When you want to build on something that's been worked on by another webmaster, this is the choice that you're going to have to choose. I know a lot of forum owners who take this path because they don't want to go through the stress of starting from scratch.

I like starting from scratch because I feel it's more of my own work and my own dedication put into it. Plus, I don't want to spend money on purchasing someone else's forum because that's money I could be spending on other things and I may turn a lot of members away if I completely changed the original vision of their forum.

While I agree that building from scratch is great, I don't see any reason one should be looking at not buying forums when you have a different goal to doing so. There are people that buy forums because they want to improve the activities on their forums as well. This could be as a result of them trying to make more money.

While I agree that building from scratch is great, I don't see any reason one should be looking at not buying forums when you have a different goal to doing so. There are people that buy forums because they want to improve the activities on their forums as well. This could be as a result of them trying to make more money.

Every webmaster have a way they like to operate when it comes to owning and managing their own community. It's why you will see someone go through the pains of starting everything from the scratch when it's even more easier for him or her to use a forum software and do it with more ease.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds