Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you ever take a loan out to start up a website project?

Advertisement Placeholder
Would you ever make the decision to take a loan out to fund and start up a website project? Either from a bank, friend, whatever? :yum:

If I needed a boost I would do the age old "wait around for the prefect time to charge". By that I course means those "Open a credit line today and get 0% interest for 12+ months!".

Though even with those be sure you read the TOS to be sure your not going to end up paying what is called "retro active" interests. That means basically means if you don't pay it ALL off by the end of the promo that you will be charged for as it was to be interest...

Iv never applied for a credit card before, i have bank accounts with overdrafts, etc.. but no credit cards. :yum: I dont have bad credit, but not much on the good side either lol :yum:

Well that how you start building credit really. Usually your bank can start you off with some credit card. Then from there you build up your credit with it then before long you will probably get such offers. :)

I'm quite young, only 18. My bank offered me a $500 credit card limit which I took. Building credit from a young age seems super beneficial to me. You just have to be careful to pay it off in time. I don't ever pay the minimum, I pay everything on the card by the end of the month. Interest is insane on credit cards.

To talk about the question, though, I have taken small loans (less than $1,000) to start businesses. Back when I played a lot of video games especially Minecraft, I would host modded servers which can take a decent amount of resources. I had to pay for a dedicated machine without having a job. My dad loaned me the startup money to pay $80 a month for a server from OVH.

Other times, I have taken loans from grandparents and friends to get started with domains, graphics, development fees, and employees.

Now that I'm a bit older than I was back then, I haven't had a need to get a loan, not that I've started anything major in the past 6 months...

Plenty of successful startups have begun with the founder taking out a large loan to cover the initial business costs, so I don't think I'd have a problem with it. I'd just need to be completely invested in this new project, and truly be convinced that I had a solid idea and business strategy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds