Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you change your own name to progress your career?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Sometimes a rebrand is in order for your business, but have you ever thought about changing your real name to something else? Maybe a name that has more impact and can help promote your business? I never really thought of changing my name as I like it, but I imagine there are a lot of people who legally change their name to help advance their careers or to push for stardom.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never seen anyone change their name and gain fame or success. In fact, I know a celebrity who changed her name twice to get international projects or maybe to sound English. But I have never heard of her again on social media or in any TV shows. I think changing names doesn't mean that the person will be successful.

I have never seen anyone change their name and gain fame or success. In fact, I know a celebrity who changed her name twice to get international projects or maybe to sound English. But I have never heard of her again on social media or in any TV shows. I think changing names doesn't mean that the person will be successful.
I will never change my name to gain fame because it's obligatory to my tradition,so I think my father name remain unchanged even my name so I will never change it for no reason irrespective of how they want to lift my rank in my establishment

Sometimes a rebrand is in order for your business, but have you ever thought about changing your real name to something else? Maybe a name that has more impact and can help promote your business? I never really thought of changing my name as I like it, but I imagine there are a lot of people who legally change their name to help advance their careers or to push for stardom.

Are you talking about changing the name of the company or changing your own personal name? I think that re-branding is quite common in the business world. There have been many companies that have done this, especially those companies that have faced much legal problems and the customers may not be willing to purchase products from them. So, they have to change the name of the business in order to make things different.

I have never seen anybody change their name and gain achievement. As a matter of fact, I know a superstar who changed her name two times to get global ventures. I figure changing names doesn't imply that the individual will find true success.

I sure will. Changing one's real name is a personal decision that can have various motivations. While some individuals may consider changing their name to align with their business or to improve their public image, others may do so for cultural, personal, or professional reasons. Personally, I haven't thought about changing my name as an AI language model, but I can understand why some people might explore this option to support their career aspirations or to enhance their brand. However, it's important to remember that a name change is a significant decision and should be made after careful consideration of its potential impact on personal and professional life.

I don't see any way having your name changed would have any big positive impact in your business or career. If you decide to take on a wealthy family's fame, you won't have the documentation to back it up. It's a waste of time in my opinion and I won't waste my time trying something like this.

If it is possible for me to know the kind of growth I am going to have in my business or career when it comes to changing my name before doing it and it's something that I believe is worth sacrificing my current name for, I might be able to consider doing it but if it is something that I cannot have any guarantees on, I am not going to do it.

If it is possible for me to know the kind of growth I am going to have in my business or career when it comes to changing my name before doing it and it's something that I believe is worth sacrificing my current name for, I might be able to consider doing it but if it is something that I cannot have any guarantees on, I am not going to do it.

Many businesses usually change the name because they get involved in many controversies and this may be one of the main reasons why they may opt to change the name in order to take a fresh start. However, many companies usually get involved in unethical businesses and this is why they may change the name in order to deceive many people.

In anything that I do for business purposes at the moment, I always attempt to use the same name which is my brand name Shortie. If I am unable to have just Shortie I tend to go for Shortie861 or ShortieGamez and that seems to work.

Changing my first name to something else for business purposes is not something I have ever thought of doing. I would have to change it legally which can be quite costly so that I could have proof on my ID that is my name so I have always found it better to just keep my legal name.

In anything that I do for business purposes at the moment, I always attempt to use the same name which is my brand name Shortie. If I am unable to have just Shortie I tend to go for Shortie861 or ShortieGamez and that seems to work.

Changing my first name to something else for business purposes is not something I have ever thought of doing. I would have to change it legally which can be quite costly so that I could have proof on my ID that is my name so I have always found it better to just keep my legal name.

Having a name such as "Shortie Inc." would also help. You must make sure that no one else have taken the name in the first place. Otherwise, this may result in copyright issues. I have already thought about conducting a business and opening a company and I already have a name on my mind.

Many businesses usually change the name because they get involved in many controversies and this may be one of the main reasons why they may opt to change the name in order to take a fresh start. However, many companies usually get involved in unethical businesses and this is why they may change the name in order to deceive many people.

Changing of a business name is something that is very common and is quite understandable because it's something that have to do with rebranding of your business in order to give it a new name and a new look so that it will have more impact on customers that are going to be seeing the product in a new form. But it is completely different from changing your own personal name for any kind of business or carrier purposes.

Having a name such as "Shortie Inc." would also help. You must make sure that no one else have taken the name in the first place. Otherwise, this may result in copyright issues. I have already thought about conducting a business and opening a company and I already have a name on my mind.
This is very true. I do know that some people have used this name in the first place but a lot of the time, when I do check sites where I can not have it, it usually tends to be a dead account which is frustrating. Sometimes I am able to get the name if I speak to the owners of the site in question and that is ideal but other times, they tend to deny it even if the account that is using the name has never been used.

ShortieGamez is one that I find I can have all the time and even though that works for my video game content creation business, it doesn't work as well for my freelance business.

I think it's needed for some career but it may not be needed for business owners. Actors use screen name while writers use pen names. It somehow helps their career and privacy.

This is very true. I do know that some people have used this name in the first place but a lot of the time, when I do check sites where I can not have it, it usually tends to be a dead account which is frustrating. Sometimes I am able to get the name if I speak to the owners of the site in question and that is ideal but other times, they tend to deny it even if the account that is using the name has never been used.

ShortieGamez is one that I find I can have all the time and even though that works for my video game content creation business, it doesn't work as well for my freelance business.

Rebranding your business name is something that is always very good especially when you must have gone with the particular name for a long time and you feel like you need a new change in a way that it's going to be something that's improved from what you used to have.

I am very happy seeing how Nomad was able to rebrand his name into @DigitalNomad now and that sounds/looks more professional than his previous name.

When I started working online, I was primarily using my real name. I had two reasons, one, I wanted to build my brand, and two, I wanted to improve my search value. sadly, my name was so common that it was very difficult to find me on searches. Then I changed my spelling. This helped me rank on search engines as well as build my brand. If you work online, it is very important that your name has search value.

I think it's needed for some career but it may not be needed for business owners. Actors use screen name while writers use pen names. It somehow helps their career and privacy.
I can understand actors having their screen name being more reputable then their real name. It happens all the time. There are so many actors I don't know their real name but very familiar with their screen name.

I think that you may need to contact a lawyer for that, a business lawyer in particular. I think that there should be a department in your country where they help find if the name of a business is already registered. If you plan to start a gaming business, then you could opt for a name such as "Shortie Gamez Inc." or a similar name. Your business brand is recognised by your name and logo.

Idk I feel like a lot of famous people have changed their names in the hopes they become more famous. Have of Hollywood actors and stars use fake names. Most of them have a different name that they were born with. But they use their star names instead. So name changes help in some regards, just not always.

Some entertainers have changed their name for originality purposes but it was a good thing for past artist because the name change supported a lifetime career.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds