Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you buy a 3-Characters domain name?

Credits
Have any of you ever considered buying a 3-character domain? These short domains are often seen as premium and valuable, but they can come with a hefty price tag. If you’ve seen one for sale, what was the highest asking price?

Do you think owning a 3-character domain could provide any significant benefits to your website or business? Or do you believe it's just a vanity purchase with no real practical use?

And what about the availability of 3-character domains? Are they becoming increasingly rare and difficult to acquire, or are there still some hidden gems out there waiting to be discovered?

Let's start a discussion and share our thoughts on the value and potential of 3-character domains!

Advertisement Placeholder
Sadly I've never had any reason to purchase a 3-letter domain, though I do own a 4-letter .org. I might have had opportunity to pick something up a few years ago (ok, many years ago) but I had no use at the time. There's a few on GoDaddy Auctions currently going for a few hundred dollars but nothing I have any use for.

I think at this point short domains are still interesting - finding even 7 letter domains is not particularly easy any more, let alone *good* domains, and even non-word domains in the 3-5 letter space go for a bizarre premium, but I've yet to understand why. That said, you'd never call your business DGZY for example, would you? (dgzy.com less than $100 now)

Back when I had a Mighty No. 9 fan forum, I registered a shorter domain name. (It was four characters though not quite three!) It was an abbreviation of my site's name, Mighty No. 9 Universe so it was MN9U. I ended up selling it before even closing my forum however, and I didn't make much from it. It was a very niche abbreviation that not everyone can easily use.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds