Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you allow your wife go to work pregnant?

Credits
Pregnancy can be a very happy experience for a family especially when it's a new couple that just got married. They are still new to the whole thing and it's very important they take things slowly with care. In a situation where you just got married and having your first baby with your wife pregnant, would you be free in allowing your wife go to work?

Advertisement Placeholder
What do you mean "allow" pilgrim (™ John Wayne)? ;)
Do you "own her"?
My wife worked patrol (law enforcement) at the start of her pregnancies... and as she got further along they moved her into office work (mainly dispatch).
Both of our kids turned out fine (as has many other generations that the mother worked actual physical labor, many times giving birth "in the field").
Son is a CPA and daughter is a charge nurse at a major hospital.

My husband and I agreed that when I got pregnant that I would stop working. The reason is that I worked with some chemicals at an advertising/marketing company doing graphics that would have harmed my unborn child. So I quit and it was the best decision for us. I had worked very hard doing freelance to the point of collapse, so getting pregnant was good timing and forced me to take a much needed break.

If I was pregnant - I'm pretty sure it would be up to me if I want to stay at work or not. Most of the time keeping busy is helpful during the beginning of pregnancies at least. I know towards the end the pain/discomfort can become a bit much. Plus there are many women who go on bedrest in the last trimester. If they medically have to, the doctor will let them know they need to stay home. I think that's the only way I could because I would need to work as much as possible. With a doctors note I think I could take short term disability and not lose out on pay for when I need the actual leave.

My wife worked for about 7 months of her pregnancy before her maternity leave kicked in. Her job is mainly office based, so it it didn't really make much difference weather she was sat down at home or at the office. :LOL: But for financial reasons she wanted to carry on working for aslong as she could. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds