Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you allow employees to set their own hours?

Melanie Marie

Legendary member
Website
www.bizdustry.com
Credits
If you were desperate to get some help for your store, business, online business, would you allow new workers to set their own hours and make their own schedules?
As long as they put in a certain amount per week, would you be ok with that?
I even see fast food places offering things like “flexible hours” .. that usually means employees have some say so in the hours they work.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is not possible to let the employees set their own working hours in an offline business, however, if you are running an online business it is absolutely fine to let them use their own work timing. IN fact, I work with virtual assistants and let them choose their own working hours. When you are flexible, you can expect better performance from your workers.

Allowing your employees to set their own working hours is something that is going to be detrimental to your business because most of them are going to do it in a way that it's only going to favor them and your business will most likely suffer in a way that you will find it very difficult to make profit.

Allowing your employees to set their own working hours is something that is going to be detrimental to your business because most of them are going to do it in a way that it's only going to favor them and your business will most likely suffer in a way that you will find it very difficult to make profit.

Setting your own hours is something that many companies may not allow you to do. However, this is something quite common when it comes to freelancing. Freelancers have a freedom to choose whenever they want. However, working during certain times could be more viable. This is why they set a specific time.

Setting your own hours is something that many companies may not allow you to do. However, this is something quite common when it comes to freelancing. Freelancers have a freedom to choose whenever they want. However, working during certain times could be more viable. This is why they set a specific time.

Freelancers always have the freedom to choose their own working hours and it feels so good to do that because you're not consigned or obligated to work when you don't want to.

As for working in a company, you don't have any choice but to work when the company decides and stick to it without any complain.

You might have to put some idea to it like: You can come in Monday thru Thursday and start work between 7am- 10am and stay till 3 or 5pm.

It depends on the job, the business hours and if the employee is in the area or in a different state or country. Some jobs will work with employees who are in college for example, but I don't know if you can outright pick your hours at most places. Of course they hire you based on what hours you can work, so you could maybe suggest hours that work for you, and see what the employer has to say. Most jobs have to work with you based on when you're available.

It is usually the boss or Manager that sets the working hours or number of hours each employee is supposed to put in for a day except it is stated before you were employed. It works only for freelancers..

The way I see it working properly for any business is when the owner will draw up a timetable in a way it will be good for his business and allow the workers to choose when it's going to be convenient for them to work their hours. You should know that whichever time they choose have been predetermined to work for the business.

Freelancers always have the freedom to choose their own working hours and it feels so good to do that because you're not consigned or obligated to work when you don't want to.

As for working in a company, you don't have any choice but to work when the company decides and stick to it without any complain.

Well, the great news is that there are many companies that offer work from home opportunities. However, I have noticed that even those opportunities require you to dedicate a specific amount of time as well. this means that you are bound at home as well. This is something that a freelancer does not experience at all.

Well, the great news is that there are many companies that offer work from home opportunities. However, I have noticed that even those opportunities require you to dedicate a specific amount of time as well. this means that you are bound at home as well. This is something that a freelancer does not experience at all.

If you're employed by a company and they offer the option of working remotely, it doesn't mean you're supposed to work at your own choice of time. No, it doesn't work like that, you're expected to be available for work during the working hours of the company without fail or they are going to sack you.

It is not possible to let the employees set their own working hours in an offline business, however, if you are running an online business it is absolutely fine to let them use their own work timing. IN fact, I work with virtual assistants and let them choose their own working hours. When you are flexible, you can expect better performance from your workers.

This can work for someone running an online business, but not for those not doing same. As a business owner running a farm, letting the employees decide the time that they work is more like welcoming disaster to the business environment.

This can work for someone running an online business, but not for those not doing same. As a business owner running a farm, letting the employees decide the time that they work is more like welcoming disaster to the business environment.

There is a maintained business pattern for any offline businesses that have been started. It is not something that any employee will come and decide to be doing however the person desires. When the structure that have been set up for the business is not something that is going to work for that particular employee, he or she will have to leave the job immediately.

There is a maintained business pattern for any offline businesses that have been started. It is not something that any employee will come and decide to be doing however the person desires. When the structure that have been set up for the business is not something that is going to work for that particular employee, he or she will have to leave the job immediately.

If you let the employees pick time, then there is going to come a day where they will decide not to come to work at all and give an excuse. That is how the business that you are doing will end up collapsing.

If you let the employees pick time, then there is going to come a day where they will decide not to come to work at all and give an excuse. That is how the business that you are doing will end up collapsing.

Exactly! Whenever you allow people too much freedom, they always tend to abuse that privilege that you've given them. This is the reason why when it comes to managing your employees, you should try and have a firm hand so that they will know it is about business and not a plaything.

This would just lead to problems I feel. Like if I have a business that runs certain hours and everyone chooses to work in the evening, who will take care of the tasks in the morning?

When I was running a restaurant, 7 o' clock was the reporting time for my employees and they were supposed to stay in the restaurant until the last customer, that was usually 10 in the evening. There was no way I could give them flexible working hours. These days I run online business, and my staff can work at any hours, and it is not a problem.

This would just lead to problems I feel. Like if I have a business that runs certain hours and everyone chooses to work in the evening, who will take care of the tasks in the morning?

Exactly! It is a strategy that is never going to work for most businesses that are operational during the daytime. The business will need to choose the right time that he wants his business to functional and all his employees must fall in line with that selected hours of work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds