Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Worst Problem Member Experiences

Advertisement Placeholder
They are everywhere. I have seen them on almost all kinds of forums. When the real moderators get involved and warn them, the next step is mutiny, drama and more.

As my forum has been around since 2002, we've had our fair share of problematic users down the years.
We've had the obvious spammers and trolls who register, spam or cause a bit of havoc and then get banned and are never seen again, think most forums have had at least one of those.
Couple of years ago we had a member who was just very outspoken in his views and he basically ruined the atmosphere, we even had a few long term members leave. He had to be banned eventually.

As my forum has been around since 2002, we've had our fair share of problematic users down the years.
We've had the obvious spammers and trolls who register, spam or cause a bit of havoc and then get banned and are never seen again, think most forums have had at least one of those.
Couple of years ago we had a member who was just very outspoken in his views and he basically ruined the atmosphere, we even had a few long term members leave. He had to be banned eventually.

I've had a few outspoken members.

Nowadays, I let them stay while I monitor. I'll try to set the mood and tone I want on the forum for everyone. But when they get too obnoxious and don't have any interest in calming down - it's best to stop a toxic member before the community becomes toxic.

I've had a few outspoken members.

Nowadays, I let them stay while I monitor. I'll try to set the mood and tone I want on the forum for everyone. But when they get too obnoxious and don't have any interest in calming down - it's best to stop a toxic member before the community becomes toxic.

Yeah my mistake was that I didn't nip it in the bud quickly enough. I should have spoken to them a while before I did. Its all a learning experience though and a mistake I won't make in future.

Yeah my mistake was that I didn't nip it in the bud quickly enough. I should have spoken to them a while before I did. Its all a learning experience though and a mistake I won't make in future.
We all have to learn somewhere.
I've made many big mistakes with forums and learned from it.
I just try to teach others :) that's why I love this niche!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds