Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Working with a colleague with body odour?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, it would be a really awful experience to work with such kind of person. I think that it would be really embarrassing for a person to get such kind of problem addressed by a specific person or a boss in the workplace. A good co-worker would address this without offending the other person.

Well, it would be a really awful experience to work with such kind of person. I think that it would be really embarrassing for a person to get such kind of problem addressed by a specific person or a boss in the workplace. A good co-worker would address this without offending the other person.

Personally, I don't think there's anyway for someone to address another person who's got body odour on the issue that the person wouldn't feel embarrassed. Most of them doesn't even know that they have body odour to be very honest with you.

I hate working with people who have poor hygiene, especially if they sit near me or are close enough to where I can smell them. I think if it's really bad and he/she smells awful, I will bring it up as a concern. But I won't push them or be rude to them.

Sometimes you have to put up with it.

I hate working with people who have poor hygiene, especially if they sit near me or are close enough to where I can smell them. I think if it's really bad and he/she smells awful, I will bring it up as a concern. But I won't push them or be rude to them.

Sometimes you have to put up with it.

Personally it is also very difficult for me to handle such situation as well because I am the kind of person who don't do well in a very dirty environment and whenever someone is smelling so bad, it is going to be very difficult for me to breathe properly. If it's possible for me to be transferred to another spot in my workplace if I have found myself in such situation, I'm definitely going to do it.

Well, most of the time, I had my own cubicle or a chamber so I did not have to bother with other people. I di once had to work in a rook full of people, they were my assistants but thankfully they did not have body odor. If I had a colleague with body order, I would kindly ask him to use deodrant.

Have you ever found yourself in an awkward situation where you have to work with a colleague who's got body odour?

Body odour can be very nasty and it's going to make you uncomfortable with breathing.

If you find yourself in this kind of situation, how would you handle it?

I think that addressing this problem itself is a very huge challenge. When you tell someone at workplace that they are having a bad body odour, then they may get offended, especially if you tell them this in front of all the people. This could be a big problem.

I think that addressing this problem itself is a very huge challenge. When you tell someone at workplace that they are having a bad body odour, then they may get offended, especially if you tell them this in front of all the people. This could be a big problem.

Personally in this kind of situation, I don't really care if the person gets offended or not because I am the one that is suffering his or her body odour that's smelling so bad where I am working with him. So, if it is not disturbing the person, I am definitely going to tell him that it is disturbing me and he needs to work on it.

Personally in this kind of situation, I don't really care if the person gets offended or not because I am the one that is suffering his or her body odour that's smelling so bad where I am working with him. So, if it is not disturbing the person, I am definitely going to tell him that it is disturbing me and he needs to work on it.

Yes, I think that if a person is having a bad odour, then such kind of person may have to realise this himself. After all, such a person may realise that he is having this problem. So, he could eliminate the body odour by showing and using deodorant.

Yes, I think that if a person is having a bad odour, then such kind of person may have to realise this himself. After all, such a person may realise that he is having this problem. So, he could eliminate the body odour by showing and using deodorant.

Seriously, they don't expect me to keep quiet and suffer the inconveniences the body odour is going to cause for me from likely 10AM till 4pm in the evening. When you're constantly made to sit in there everyday, there's no way you're not going to fall sick.

Have you ever found yourself in an awkward situation where you have to work with a colleague who's got body odour?

Body odour can be very nasty and it's going to make you uncomfortable with breathing.

If you find yourself in this kind of situation, how would you handle it?

I won't be excited being in this kind of situation at all. How am I going to enjoy working when I can't even have a good atmosphere. I will definitely ask the person to start using a perfume or a roll on and won't bother how they feel about my involvement.

Luckily I have not had a colleague that had body odour when I was working. I do, however, know many people who have worked with those who do not have the greatest personal hygiene and the body odour can be quite bad.

I remember once, me and my daughter were in a store and we went down an isle where a store assistant was working stocking shelves and the smell was not great and very overpowering. I am not one to say something though so kind of walked past and ignored it.

Seriously, they don't expect me to keep quiet and suffer the inconveniences the body odour is going to cause for me from likely 10AM till 4pm in the evening. When you're constantly made to sit in there everyday, there's no way you're not going to fall sick.

In case if you had to interact with such a person for a long time, then you have to address this issue. It might be possible that they may be having this problem for a short time. maybe they never got their clothes washed and this is why they may be having such kind of problem.

I won't be excited being in this kind of situation at all. How am I going to enjoy working when I can't even have a good atmosphere. I will definitely ask the person to start using a perfume or a roll on and won't bother how they feel about my involvement.

The problem is that some people don't take it very well when you tell them that they have body odor as you are trying to suggest what they should do in order for them to fix the problem. I've had several encounters where I tried to address the issue but the person never took it very well.

The problem is that some people don't take it very well when you tell them that they have body odor as you are trying to suggest what they should do in order for them to fix the problem. I've had several encounters where I tried to address the issue but the person never took it very well.

As long as it is in the office, I am not going to take it lightly. I don't see any reason for anyone thinking that letting them know about their body odour is bad. I will tell them and be ready for whatever they say.

As long as it is in the office, I am not going to take it lightly. I don't see any reason for anyone thinking that letting them know about their body odour is bad. I will tell them and be ready for whatever they say.

Yeah, that's very correct. It is something that is always going to make it very uncomfortable for you to work in that kind of environment. The way the person is going to be smelling is going to be causing you to lose your breath and this is something I cannot stand for any reason whatsoever.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds