Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Will you start a forum

Dilip

Addicted member
Credits
Take a deep breath, think. If you want to start a community interaction on a subject, will you choose forum as a platform? In 2024, there are so many options and forums looks toughest of them all.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes I would choose a forum because you own it. If you start it on FB or any other social media platform, if they decide to close you, then you lose everything.

Of course you can leverage social media and other platforms to drive traffic to your community

In 2024, I probably would not start a forum. I don't believe there's enough demand for forums in this current era of the Internet. I also probably would not choose to use a platform either, because of the various censorship issues that I see on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, even YouTube.

It depends on the subject. It depends on the interaction and audience. It depends on how much money, if any, I want to burn.

In 2024, I probably would not start a forum. I don't believe there's enough demand for forums in this current era of the Internet. I also probably would not choose to use a platform either, because of the various censorship issues that I see on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, TikTok, even YouTube.
I hear censorship thrown around a lot. While I agree with you in theory, have you personally been censored on those platforms? Or is the threat of it enough to make you not want to participate? Do you not censor your users if they don't follow guidelines?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds