Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Will Google block your site from ranking sometimes?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I was wondering, can Google block your site, but make it look like you're still ranking on Google? I feel like this has happened with some of my sites. Where Google will show it's ranked, but when I search for it on another PC, it doesn't show it. This happened years ago, so things may have changed, but I never thought to ask anyone about it. Does Google ever do stuff like this?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes it's very possible for Google or any search engine to block or delist a website from it's search engine due to some illegal activities like using black hat SEO to rank on the search engine

Google can definitely block your website or blog from ranking that is if you are found guilty of using any bad means of promoting your website just like buying links

I think they have the powers to actually block a site from their search engines. Not even only Google, other search engines too do it. Thisnis because of some infringement on your part

Google can do that absolutely. But for you to say you're still seeing it being ranked on your site is what's baffling.
Can you please share what happened before that ban? Someone would likely learn a thing or two from your experience

I was wondering, can Google block your site, but make it look like you're still ranking on Google? I feel like this has happened with some of my sites. Where Google will show it's ranked, but when I search for it on another PC, it doesn't show it. This happened years ago, so things may have changed, but I never thought to ask anyone about it. Does Google ever do stuff like this?Week
Although I don't have a website, but if this actually happened, have you taken some steps in checking where the fault could come from, example are you using the right keyword...

I don't really know if Google can block a site because I don't have a website in order to about it, but I believe everything is very possible to do.

If you have published copied content and if someone complains to Google about the content theft, your website can be blocked on Google. If your website is involved with illegal activities, your website will be blocked.

Google will block your site from ranking on the search engine if you have lot of duplicate content on your website. You are not going to rank for any keywords.

I think it is possible and since you have experienced it ,then it is safe to assume that such things happen, but I don't think these things are prevalent.

If your using black hat SEO techniques or not following googles standard algorithm rules then yes google can block you. There have been some people to try their hand at auto generated backlinks as a form of black hat and have not only been blocked by google but actually blacklisted where not one page will be put it. It's good to use white hat techniques only.

I believe that Google's job is just to provide information give to seekers so Google won't reduce search engine per say, it definitely would be reduced traffic from your website end.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds