Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Why You Should Start Blogging

MyDigitalpoint

Credits
Hey guys and gals!

I have to admit that I'm somewhat lazy when it comes to blogging so I better refrain from doing it than post a new entry once in a blue moon as many blog owners do, and I'm chastened from using auto-posters that only pull in junk or duplicate content most of the times.

However when I read the following article, I changed my mind and I will work this weekend on setting up a blog again. May the reading help you to find out why start blogging is a good idea ;)
Everyone Blogs – And So Should You!
by Michael Billington

This week we take a look at blogging and how its use has risen over the past decade. A “blog” is an abbreviation for “web log” that allows a user (such as business rep, private individual, or ad agency) to post content that is available to everyone on the World Wide Web. Many businesses are currently using blogs to keep their audiences informed about the current state of their business. The popularity of blogs has risen substantially over the years, which has increased the need for companies to establish their own blogs throughout the Internet.

According to Joe Pulizzi’s guide, blogging has been a steadily increasing practice for most companies. Business-to-business marketers increased their use of blogs by 27%, making blogs the 3rd most common content marketing activity. The ubiquity of the Internet is responsible for such growth, which is now requiring companies to establish an online presence through the use of popular blogging systems such as Word Press.

Costs and Maintenance

How much is this going to cost my company? I’m sure that’s a common question asked by many business owners when deciding to create a blog. Referring to the previously mentioned guide, there are several aspects that need to be taken into account when attempting to calculate a cost for the blog. Depending on the types of platforms you use or resources that are employed, the costs can vary greatly. Some factors that will affect costs are the following:
  • Company size
  • Location (taxes, regulations, etc…)
  • Are you hiring in-house or outsourcing to an agency?
  • How much content is being posted and managed?
  • Hosting fees / ISP fees
According to Jay Baer’s article, calculating the cost and ROI for your blog can be done in 9 steps. The specific calculations are listed in the article (see link above), but seem to concentrate on assertions of how many hours per month your resources are spending on the blog management...

Full article can be found here, http://cmgrclass.syr.edu/tag/blogging-guide/

Advertisement Placeholder
What sort of blog do you plan on setting up? I personally love blogs. They allow you to express opinions and make much longer posts than you would on a forum.

Thank you for posting this article. For awhile now ive been thinking about getting into blogs but ive never really went ahead and done it. I think im going to start working on a blog myself in the next few days!

What sort of blog do you plan on setting up? I personally love blogs. They allow you to express opinions and make much longer posts than you would on a forum.

I'm actually planning to write an opinion forum about every day matters, but I'm stuck at setting categories because I'm unsure people like to read other's daily happening, and being daily happening, I don't know how I can categorize those posts at all :confused:

I have to admit I don't post regularly to my blog too. I find it hard to write interesting these days since my mind isn't that clear. And I have to take photos of what I would write as well since my blog is about travel. People want to see images in my web site.

Yes, adding photos or videos is actually a must to make reading more appealing and attract more traffic, but precisely these two elements oftentimes make even harder post on a daily or frequent basis because involves extra time.

Like you say, sometimes one can't come up with an idea of what to write, and then having to get an appropriate photo to illustrate the post, is not always easy. Not to mention the SEO work to rename photos accordingly to help a blog ranking better.

I run a small network of blogs and I wish I had started doing it sooner than I did!

It is VERY important that you don't start a blog simply to make money because that normally only ends in disaster, by all means make money blogging (as I and many others do), but you should also have an interest in the niche you are writing about.

I would also advise you not look for those lists that show you what the top-paying Adsense keywords are, how many mesothelioma blogs and sites does the internet have because this was a top-paying keyword once? :eek:_o:

Good luck to anyone about to dip their toes in. :)

There are 2 primary reasons why a person may do blogging - 1) for revenue, 2) as a hobby.

Personally I prefer to do blogging as a hobby. If I make revenue, that is a bonus.

I have a blog, but I haven't been posting regularly on it for a while.

I admit, my passion has waned a bit since I wasn't seeing much readership, even though the subject is something I'm interested in.

When you blog, you can attract visitors to your business page. Instead of redirecting people to your product pages, bring them to a blog post and lead them to your product pages. That way, you can get your business site promoted, visited and ranking high in search engine results till you convert these visitors into customers.

You're right! We should blog to get the best of the web!

Blogging is nice and i faced all your problems. I think we can accept guess blogging if we feel that we are so lazy to create new content. Then, we can benefit the variety of post type such as image, infographic, text, video, quote to create new contents.

You're right, Pierre!
With the kind of content we can create today, we can copy another kind of content on your website. By example, reading a long post or multiple posts, we can easily create an infographic and post it on your website. It is a nice way to be promoted as people like infographic. It is a nice idea, guy!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds