Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Some Companies Do Not Have Canteens For Employees?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
Not all the businesses have canteens for their employees. I used to work at a place that claimed to be a really hug company. However, they never even had a proper canteen for their workers! So, why is it so? Do you think that management should do something about it?

Advertisement Placeholder
Not really. I really don't think it's necessary for all business to have a canteen even huge companies. Besides, not all employees would like to eat from a canteen, some prefer home cooked meals.

One thing that would make a canteen less attractive to have in an organization is the size of the workforce I that organization. If the workforce is small, it would not be profitable to have a canteen in the company.

Not really. I really don't think it's necessary for all business to have a canteen even huge companies. Besides, not all employees would like to eat from a canteen, some prefer home cooked meals.
Someone like my dad loves to eat from home even though they have a canteen at their workplace. And there are some small companies that do not need a canteen for anything.

Having a canteen in a company provides employees with a convenient place to eat. And I think every companies should consider setting up a canteen in their company.
I believe some companies do not set a canteen up because they do not see the need to do so.

Canteens would only work in a big organization that has a complex with many workers and patrons trooping in on a daily basis. A canteen would thrive even in a small hospital.

Someone like my dad loves to eat from home even though they have a canteen at their workplace. And there are some small companies that do not need a canteen for anything.
My dad also loves to eat from home and his company also has a canteen. Sometimes, when my dad is running late for work, my mum packs his food so he could take it to work. I feel that might be the case with many employees and so they wouldn't want to eat in the company's canteen.

Maybe these companies have too little work force and starting a canteen for their employees is not financially viable. Or, maybe the workers like to eat in other restaurants.

Canteens would only work in a big organization that has a complex with many workers and patrons trooping in on a daily basis. A canteen would thrive even in a small hospital.
That is true. Most hospitals as s have canteen. Fir example, my health is insured and whenever I am sick and I get admitted into the hospital, they will be the one to feed me throughout my stay.

That is true. Most hospitals as s have canteen. Fir example, my health is insured and whenever I am sick and I get admitted into the hospital, they will be the one to feed me throughout my stay.
Why hospitals have canteens is because so many people visit the hospital on a daily and it would be profitable for someone to set up a canteen there. In an organization where only 10 people visit daily, setting up a canteen would be a great loss.

Why hospitals have canteens is because so many people visit the hospital on a daily and it would be profitable for someone to set up a canteen there. In an organization where only 10 people visit daily, setting up a canteen would be a great loss.
That is correct
The canteens are basically for those people who get admitted into the hospital and maybe their family members cannot go through the stress of cooking for them all the time.

Perhaps they don't enough capital to run canteens. They need to grow up to the level that employees will be satisfied within the environment of business so that they can carry out nice operations for the business.

Not all the businesses have canteens for their employees. I used to work at a place that claimed to be a really hug company. However, they never even had a proper canteen for their workers! So, why is it so? Do you think that management should do something about it?
The decision to have a canteen or not is dependent on a variety of factors, including cost, location, employee preferences, and the company's overall strategy and goals.

Canteens as in little places to eat and drink food within a business? I think it depends on the business. I think having a lunch room and options to buy food is ideal in any work force, especially if you're working at this place for long hours every day.

But yeah, businesses should at least make sure their employees have a break for lunch and all that.

One potential explanation is that they believe cafeterias to be rigid and expensive to maintain. Another reason is that some businesses might not think it is necessary to provide a cafeteria as an advantage to employees. Some businesses might also be concentrating on cost-cutting measures.

Another reason why some organizations don't have canteens is lack of space. If an organization is managing it's space, it won't be able to allocate a space for the construction of a canteeen.

The decision to have a canteen or not is dependent on a variety of factors, including cost, location, employee preferences, and the company's overall strategy and goals.
I am really struggling to understand how variables like organizational goals contribute to an organization having a place for the Staff to go relax and eat during break periods.

For a variety of reasons, some businesses do not provide canteens for their employees. A cafeteria may not be financially feasible for some businesses to establish and maintain. Others might not consider it a top concern or might not have enough workers to warrant the expense. However, supplying food at work may have advantages like boosting output and elevating worker satisfaction.

A company that wants to run a canteen for their workers must be a big company and setting up a canteen need a huge amount of money because they are dealing with food .

Actually sometimes it depends on policies and management. When a business has much respect and regard for it employees, it all comes from good management leadership but most of the people are only focusing on how to achieved their objectives without care about those who worked for them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds