Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Why on earth people still make promotion forums?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Recently I saw some threads on some forums about creating promotion forums. Do you think its worth creating them?
Even after we saw a lot of promotion forums which started and closed down last year. I find it pretty annoying. I mean there are a lot of promotional forums which die because of inactivity, so you could join them and offer to help with your skills, that way atleast one promotional forum will stay here for some time.

What are your thoughts on this?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think promotion forums is great hit among users. Many look for place to advertise and promotion forum does the job. But sad that few start it and close it once it is not picking up.. :(

What's annoying is when they close down and you loose all those posts you made. That's why I'm so careful with the forums I join these days. I think promotion forums can still work. However, you would want to transition away from it as soon as you can and become a webmaster like forum. ForumHour had the right idea until Pandaa sold.

What's annoying is when they close down and you loose all those posts you made. That's why I'm so careful with the forums I join these days. I think promotion forums can still work. However, you would want to transition away from it as soon as you can and become a webmaster like forum. ForumHour had the right idea until Pandaa sold.
offtopic: Forumhour is now showing the malware ahead warning! :O

offtopic: Forumhour is now showing the malware ahead warning! :O
Not too surprised.

I think that promotion forum is a niche that sooner or later every forum owner tries to make it in. Of course most of them don't succeed and their forums fail in the first two months (e.g. SimPromotion), but others manage to get it off the grounds and then sell it for a profit (e.g. ForumHour), since such forums sell like hotcakes.

Well, for me they help create back-links and get my name out there. I don't post on them, but I check out what other members are advertising. :)

I have asked myself the same thing over and over again, you seem to see them popping up all over the place and many never last too long. I agree that they do help to create back links but if that forum decides to close down you also lose a backlink. I don't know about anyone else but there is only so many forums I can be on ranging from gaming, general chat and forum promotion that sometimes I deter away from joining some of them just so I do not become a members that fades into the background and never visits again.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds