Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why is freelancing difficult?

Imran_Noori

Mythical member
Credits
There are two answers for this question:
  • Freelancing is difficult because it needs skills and learning those skills is not easy.
  • Freelancing platforms are saturated and there is a high competition between freelancers.
What do you think? Why is freelancing difficult? Share your experiences.

Advertisement Placeholder
To me, freelancing is not that difficult, especially if you have skill that can be monetized. I, however, admit that the competition in freelancing platforms is much. To succeed on freelancing platforms as a beginner, you need to work hard and be consistent. Create a good profile and have a portfolio website that show your past work, you will do fine as a freelancer.

It is difficult untill you work on it otherwise, if you work hard with passion and stay consistently on the field and always focused trying improving your skills, I don't think it would be difficult for anyone.

It is difficult untill you work on it otherwise, if you work hard with passion and stay consistently on the field and always focused trying improving your skills, I don't think it would be difficult for anyone.
You are right, working hard and being consistent will make anything easier for you, it might seem difficult for beginners but for experts it can be very easy.

Freelancing is particularly difficult for a beginner in the aspect of finding clients. It is not easy to get clients for your freelance roles because they would rather stick to established veterans.

Freelancing is particularly difficult for a beginner in the aspect of finding clients. It is not easy to get clients for your freelance roles because they would rather stick to established veterans.
You are right, for a beginner it is very difficult to sell his or her first order because most clients are searching for expert freelancers but some seek new freelancers because of their low prices.

You are right, for a beginner it is very difficult to sell his or her first order because most clients are searching for expert freelancers but some seek new freelancers because of their low prices.
Then the begginer freelancer would have to lower service prices in order to attract clients. Some would really struggle with this strategy in this global inflation ridden economy because what they would make might be just barely enough for them to make a living.

Then the begginer freelancer would have to lower service prices in order to attract clients. Some would really struggle with this strategy in this global inflation ridden economy because what they would make might be just barely enough for them to make a living.
You are right, unfortunately many expert freelancers especially freelancing writers are lowering their prices because of high competitions and makes freelancing difficult to them.

There are several reasons why freelancing can be challenging. First of all, it can be difficult to obtain a consistent flow of work, and independent contractors may occasionally have too much or no work. Additionally, managing clients, marketing, bookkeeping, and other business-related tasks are frequently the responsibility of independent contractors.

You are right, unfortunately many expert freelancers especially freelancing writers are lowering their prices because of high competitions and makes freelancing difficult to them.
This is because someone how it is working from 5 years ago or 10 years ago could have a small margin of earning but you as new earner need money so could not earn like him especially doing one job or two per day and he is doing 10 jobs a day. Or more formerly freelancing gigs.

This is because someone how it is working from 5 years ago or 10 years ago could have a small margin of earning but you as new earner need money so could not earn like him especially doing one job or two per day and he is doing 10 jobs a day. Or more formerly freelancing gigs.
This is the point, we shouldn't compare ourselves with expert freelancers who have more than 10 years of experience, we should work as a beginner and have consistency.

I gave up on freelancing platforms a long time ago. I just pitch my articles to magazines and I get gigs at least two in a week and I am building my profile than waste one year on freelancing platforms that you won't get a gig in 3 months.

Because they do not have a set number of customers or a guaranteed income, freelancers find it challenging to make long-term plans. Since they frequently need to put in long hours to make deadlines, freelancers may find it challenging to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

No skill is difficult unless you don't want to undergo what it takes to acquire freelancing skills. Nobody carries the potential from heaven but people put themselves in practice to understand the secret behind being called freelancers.

No skill is difficult unless you don't want to undergo what it takes to acquire freelancing skills. Nobody carries the potential from heaven but people put themselves in practice to understand the secret behind being called freelancers.
You are right, no one had skills from the beginning but as time passed they became experts in a specific fields by working hard and learning new things.

Well, freelancing is not difficult. You find it difficult because either you do not have high paying professional skills or you are not working hard enough to get freelancing contracts.

what makes freelancing seems difficult is because of the level of competition in so many freelancing platforms. But you know that if you have the necessary skills you can be able to succeed and enjoy it.

It is not even about the skills. It is majorly about the saturated freelance market. It is not easy to break into the already saturated freelance market.

There are two answers for this question:
  • Freelancing is difficult because it needs skills and learning those skills is not easy.
  • Freelancing platforms are saturated and there is a high competition between freelancers.
What do you think? Why is freelancing difficult? Share your experiences.
Freelancing is difficult especially for beginners because they need to have reputation before they begin to get enough clients and that is one of the things that will take time

what makes freelancing seems difficult is because of the level of competition in so many freelancing platforms. But you know that if you have the necessary skills you can be able to succeed and enjoy it.
You are right, not only necessary skills but you should also have unique skills which no one else is offering because clients always need unique services.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds