Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Why don't you have a blog?

Advertisement Placeholder
Can't say I've ever thought about adding a blog to my forum, but if I did, it would obviously be about coding since I own a coding resource board. I've never been much of a blog person, I guess I just don't like writing long texts and prefer short texts on message boards. I probably wouldn't be able to offer anything unique in a coding blog that's not already out there anyway.

I think that having a forum + blog is competing for basically the same content against yourself having double work. I believe in today's world many forums add a blog to get indexed on search engines. The nature of a forum is to interact with each other, mostly having a sort question and getting different answers/points of views. Opposed to what a blog is.

I think that having a forum + blog is competing for basically the same content against yourself having double work. I believe in today's world many forums add a blog to get indexed on search engines. The nature of a forum is to interact with each other, mostly having a sort question and getting different answers/points of views. Opposed to what a blog is.
I agree. We used to have a website containing blog posts but it was a lot of work to put them both on the forum and blog. Even though we were running an add on with a bridge between Wordpress and XF. It’s just too much and we decided to discontinue it for the time being. Maybe later on though. @Bob AMS is just great and fully packed, so I doubt having a separate blog would gain more exposure.

I have a blog that I write in on the side right now. I am somewhat suffering from Writer's Block, at least, for longer pieces of content. Usually I enjoy writing more than recording & editing video, but lately, I seem to have Writers & Editors Block haha.

My blog is based on dinosaur-related media primarily, but once in a while I will post other things like a movie or game review, a product mini-review, and similar. To be honest, I could separate them into separate blogs and categorize them in similar categories thanks to @Bob's blogs addon. It does everything I need, so I do not really see a need for me to get AMS, unless there is a lot more hidden features in AMS than UBS that I have not noticed via his official site or demo site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds