Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do some real estate agents tell lies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik4150

Captain Junkie
Credits
One day I was pricing a house and the real estate agent told me to hurry up and pay because they are many buyers looking to buy the same property.
Unfortunately I couldn't pay for the house and a week later I found out that the house was still unsold.
Apparently the real estate agent lied about multiple persons trying to buy the house in order to make me buy it quickly.
My question is why do real estate agents tell lies?

Advertisement Placeholder
They tell lies because they because they think if they tell truth they may not get clients at times some do this for their greediness in getting money from people for their own satisfaction.

One day I was pricing a house and the real estate agent told me to hurry up and pay because they are many buyers looking to buy the same property.
Unfortunately I couldn't pay for the house and a week later I found out that the house was still unsold.
Apparently the real estate agent lied about multiple persons trying to buy the house in order to make me buy it quickly.
My question is why do real estate agents tell lies?
This is very hilarious 🤣, although you have complained based on experience, I would want to say the agent didn't lie to you because he's an estate agent, he lied because he's a lair, we have doctor, engineers, police, lawyer, jobless people who lie too.

I think he said that to keep on your toes so that he'll make that sale, I'm not in any means justifying his did. But don't have the mindset that estate agents lie in the way you have submitted the issue.

They tell lies to sell themselves, but that's is not appropriate according to the ethics of business, there must be fairness in every business deal, that will build trust between business partners. When caught lies destroy Goodwill of business, in other words all real estate agent must be just no matter the circumstances they find themselves.

Wow this is a big stereotypic statement and accusation. Though am guessing that you have been unlucky with meeting dishonest real estate agents. Not all real estate agents are liars, I can vouch for one I know, he really helped me while I was trying to gain accommodation when I was newly admitted into the university.

Funny but true...I do not think there's a real estate agent that doesn't tell lies..its just in their nature,you can't take it away from them. I feel its probably because they want to do everything possible to close every deal.

Most real estate agents in Nigeria tell lies to earn form fee of 2000 naira. They deceive prospective tenants telling them they have houses that meet their needs, telling them to fill the mandatory form to earn a token from them knowing the prospective won't get the desired property through them.

Let's not say that all agents tell lies, but there are and many. I think they do it in order to pressure the client and get their profits quickly or it may also be that there are other agents after the same property and they do not want to lose the opportunity to be the person who wins the negotiation.

It is not uncommon all the business owners to tell lie. However it is not really called lies. It is persuasion. They sugarcoat everything they are telling you just to patronize them. He lied for you so as not to lose you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds