Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who should pay on first date?

The one and only date I've been on my entire life I picked up the bill because I was the one that offered. That's the way I see it, the one that offers should generally pick up the bill. The person might have not wanted to go out to eat that day or doesn't have the funds to do so, so paying for your own offering makes sense to me.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's actually funny, when we were very first dating, my wife insisted on paying for things. Her reasoning based on previous experience (and her mother's) was that if guys pay for the date, they expect something in return for it beyond 'just company' and at that point you're only haggling over 'the price'.

So her argument was if she pays, there's no debate over whether I'd paid enough for... y'know. It's a surprisingly bleak take on life but that was her experience growing up.

Who do you think should pay on first date? Men or woman? Perhaps you think they should split the bill ?

As for me, I honestly think the person who should pay the bill, is the person who's idea it was to have a date. ;)

I feel it should be split between the two! #equality 😅

Real simple.. if it was a "date" by invite... the one doing the inviting. If it was a mutual agreement to meet somewhere... then each are responsible for their own payment.
If it was by invite... and you are afraid the other party may order something expensive.. simply don't go to someplace that serves expensive stuff.... what I'm talking about is stuff like going to an establishment in an attempt to "impress" someone, knowing that they have $1500 bottles of champagne or offer high end liquors (which can be upwards of a few $100 a pour).

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds