Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Who likes history and politics?

I like it. In fact, I could write whole books on it. Anyway, though, it's completely useless to make money, but I certainly can chug out content on that stuff faster than web development cause I don't have to research it.

OK, do you know subjects that can't make money? Do you know people who are experts in things, but live in dire poverty?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would say it becomes history when the majority of a facts around a given event are settled for the most part and what you're left with is arguing over how society should move on from a historical event. Example: 9/11 happened. now how do we deal with the repercussions?
Yeah, there's a lot to discuss on history and you can make money on it. Well, I'm kind of backtracking here, but, yes, you could build some history/political forum, but how to engage such a crowd without becoming a monster? :( Well, you gotta be sort of neutral like a cop or bar bouncer.

I don't mind history too much, but it's not necessarily something I find appealing all the time.

I dislike politics because it's a lot like religion where it divides us and often makes monsters out of us. I've never really studied politics and never formed much of an opinion about it.
Politics shapes the view of history. In fact, it's very intertwined.

And it has nothing to do, whatsoever, with the changing of media and the ability of individuals to create almost perfectly hermetic echo chambers for their views, to the point where they could practically define their own reality?

Or the mainstream media, under financial pressure because actual journalism is expensive (especially given the above), choosing not to investigate certain narratives fed to them by the government of the day, but instead take it as the official line and run with it?

And it has nothing to do, whatsoever, with the changing of media and the ability of individuals to create almost perfectly hermetic echo chambers for their views, to the point where they could practically define their own reality?

Or the mainstream media, under financial pressure because actual journalism is expensive (especially given the above), choosing not to investigate certain narratives fed to them by the government of the day, but instead take it as the official line and run with it?

I really don't know why that is. I do know hate is fun so why take moderate views? 😊

Well, the left pushing gun control on the right alienates the right. That's one example besides the shock/fun hypothesis.

And the right’s utter inability to find a more moderate position than “we must have all the guns” alienates the left. And so it continues.

I like older history to the point I'm tangibly interested in a medieval history forum with associated theming, but not enough to go hunting or roll the ball myself. The closer to modern it gets my interest slips, though I've been found on WW2 tangents.

Likewise I am interested in historical politics and invariably I've involved myself in 'small time' internet politics, but I am incredibly weary and averse to national/international scale modern politics. It is a quandry I have little interest stepping into or debating about. Both from my limited interest making me a flawed debater at best and the energy of debating people with their minds set. Is it possible yes, is it worth the time, not for me. As objective oriented as I tend to be, it is a futile objective. At most I'm fleetingly interested in supporting people who actually do put the time into constructive ends but I haven't found a project to take that piece of the pie from me yet.

I despise politics.

History? It depends. If it's history related to certain niche interests then yeah (biblical history, medicine and nutrition, how mankind spread across the globe, etc). But I could care less about political stuff, social stuff, American history, etc.

History is something I have always enjoyed. I remember at school when I had a choice on what lesson I wanted to take for my GSCE exams and the choice was between History and Geography and I chose History.

I have always been fascinated by history from a young age and learning about it was perfect for me.

Politics I don't tend to get into too much.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds